First post - First build - HT/Media/Multi-Task Build Reco's? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: First post - First build - HT/Media/Multi-Task Build Reco's?

my old one got 339 so don't feel too bad

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.Cort View Post
my old one got 339 so don't feel too bad
;P I wouldn't feel bad if the 414 was my old computer. :[

thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 01-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
True Techie

so what 775 mobo would work well here and be a good value? and which of those sunbeam core contact coolers is a good fit? (i saw a couple i think). do i also use a fan with a contact cooler or does that substitute for the stock heatsink and fan?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Patron

I know it runs cooler as its a newer manufacturing process to build it a Q6600 is essentially two E6600's bolted together and was the first quad to come out by Intel. Q9300 has 65nm I think and the higher fsb makes it a better overclocker. I am no experts just a guy who happens to have a high post count need to remember that on forums just because I talk a lot doesn't necessarily mean I am giving good advice. Fortunately your in luck and have quite a few "gurus" or experts reading this thread it would seem.

There is an edit button in the bottom right please don't double post its in the guidelines

The sunbeam core contact is a goodun there are only 2 and the other one is mediocre, comes with fan and heatsink so just plug it in and play. Any 775 mobo will pair well as of late I have been reccomending the gigabyte ds3l alot
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or this one for a bit more and I know for sure the raid on its a good one I am not to sure with the DS3L as its only the ICH10 not the ICH10R - R to show its a raid version
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm &#34;Core Contact Freezer&#34; CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

And for the mobo, this one is pretty good:

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
Old 01-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltynay View Post
I know it runs cooler as its a newer manufacturing process to build it a Q6600 is essentially two E6600's bolted together and was the first quad to come out by Intel. Q9300 has 65nm I think and the higher fsb makes it a better overclocker. I am no experts just a guy who happens to have a high post count need to remember that on forums just because I talk a lot doesn't necessarily mean I am giving good advice. Fortunately your in luck and have quite a few "gurus" or experts reading this thread it would seem.

There is an edit button in the bottom right please don't double post its in the guidelines

The sunbeam core contact is a goodun there are only 2 and the other one is mediocre, comes with fan and heatsink so just plug it in and play. Any 775 mobo will pair well as of late I have been reccomending the gigabyte ds3l alot
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or this one for a bit more and I know for sure the raid on its a good one I am not to sure with the DS3L as its only the ICH10 not the ICH10R - R to show its a raid version
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
ill admit i didn't read the guidelines, my bad. anyhoo, i think i saw that P45 in one of puddle jumpers reco's before and it looks like a good one (the UD3R that is)
Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Patron

Its a good board doesn't have crossfire or sli but your not much of a gamer so doesn't matter unless your a secret folding @ home fanatic?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
True Techie

i saw that bioforce didnt have an onboard raid controller....

so the UD3R is the way to go? any others out there?

crossfire and sli are just for dual graphic cards right? i wont be doing that i dont think...
Old 01-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Patron

Yes doubling up the graphics cards. Folding at home is a project on protein sequencing it uses you spare processing power to cure cancer people build whole folding farms devoted to it with 20+ gpus working its near instantaneous calculation.

All these boards are possibles (raid and p45):
Newegg.com - Intel P45, Intel ICH10R, Intel P43/P45, Intel Motherboards, Motherboards, Computer Hardware
Gigabyte UD3R is the best bang for buck I can see with your needs
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to philbar71

hey salty the q9300 is a 45nm CPU if you can afford the q9300 then get it it will be loads better than the q6600.

The only thing ATi can render faster than nVidia is the BSOD

SLI ON INTEL P45: http://www.techist.com/pc/f76/sli-intel-chipset-219886/

<<< i like rep :D
Closed Thread