First PC Build - Compatibility Check?

dinoz0r

Beta member

How is this for my first gaming rig? I'm an amateur to this - I'm afraid that may be painfully obvious but anyway... hopefully you can give me some advice, how to improve, lower prices without risking quality etc. I'm hoping to keep my budget at around $2000.

It's not bad, but unless you plan on using win7 on your next 3 computers, don't buy retail, get the oem at $100. Same thing except you can only legally put it on 1 computer/mobo. The retail allows you to use it on any 1 computer.

Also 750W is higher than you need, plus the OCZ, while not bad isn't great. I'd suggest this Antec at 650W
Antec EarthWatts 650W Green [EA-650-GREEN] - $93.00 : PC Case Gear

It actually has 100W less, yet bout the same amount of Amps, which is a sign of a better quality psu. Plus its $15 less.

Alright thanks for your feedback guys. Here's the revised build. I made some changes to the power supply, the graphics card and also opted for the OEM Windows.. the reason I didn't go for OEM Windows first of all was the whole 'Registered Software Builder' thing - do you actually have to register for it?
Still open to more suggestions on any way I can better this build. :)

Back
Top Bottom