First PC build - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: First PC build

If you tried out different sizes you would get accustomed to one. I'm particular to 24".

Good luck finding slim PC monitor bezels with an acceptable price.
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 56
Default Re: First PC build

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
If you tried out different sizes you would get accustomed to one. I'm particular to 24".

Good luck finding slim PC monitor bezels with an acceptable price.
Would 3 21' with a small bezels be a lot? Looking to spend around 450-500 3 smaller or 2 larger doesn't really matter which to me atm I'll go to best buy this weekend and look around to see what size and stiff I prefer before ordering but just looking for suggestions atm
__________________

aylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: First PC build

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylee View Post
Would 3 21' with a small bezels be a lot? Looking to spend around 450-500 3 smaller or 2 larger doesn't really matter which to me atm I'll go to best buy this weekend and look around to see what size and stiff I prefer before ordering but just looking for suggestions atm
3 21" @ ~ 150 a piece. Probably doable, but I would aim a tad higher honestly.
Just as long as you don't actually buy your monitor from Best Buy.

For instance, this fits your budget and are currently $10 off with promo code. Problem is, slim bezel monitors are pricey. If that is your fancy, you'll probably wind up with 1 monitor.

ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50,000,000:1 - Newegg.com

Now, if you don't mind putting your trust in Acer, and want to raise the budget up a tad they have these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009483
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 56
Default Re: First PC build

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
3 21" @ ~ 150 a piece. Probably doable, but I would aim a tad higher honestly.
Just as long as you don't actually buy your monitor from Best Buy.

For instance, this fits your budget and are currently $10 off with promo code. Problem is, slim bezel monitors are pricey. If that is your fancy, you'll probably wind up with 1 monitor.

ASUS VS Series VS238H-P Black 23" 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50,000,000:1 - Newegg.com

Now, if you don't mind putting your trust in Acer, and want to raise the budget up a tad they have these.
Newegg.com - Acer H236HLbid Black 23" 5ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LED Backlit LCD Monitor, IPS Panel 250 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)
Yeah defiantly wont buy from best buy they just have a wide selection out on the floor for display that I can look at for references. The bezel doesnt have to be microscopic. Its just the monitors I have now have ~a inch bezel... when sitting them side by side i have a huge 2 inch black gap between screens and it looks like ****. And honestly If i can get 2 with a small bezel for ~225 each im fine with that. I can always add later.

I would love this (just horizontal not vertical)
http://cdn.overclock.net/b/ba/badbe0...msungOwl1.jpeg

but i can live with this if the above is like 400/monitor:
http://www.barnardmicrosystems.com/P...bezel_with.jpg
aylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: First PC build

The second is pretty much what you're going to wind up with as I think the first are modified. If you want 3, most likely you'll need to buy 3 now so they all match. Trying to find a matching monitor later usually becomes quite hard as models become EOL.

I have a few friends with Surround who swear up and down they don't notice the bezel after a while but with my own experience it bugs the crap out of me.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 56
Default Re: First PC build

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
The second is pretty much what you're going to wind up with as I think the first are modified. If you want 3, most likely you'll need to buy 3 now so they all match. Trying to find a matching monitor later usually becomes quite hard as models become EOL.

I have a few friends with Surround who swear up and down they don't notice the bezel after a while but with my own experience it bugs the crap out of me.
I'm sure I wont notice after a while its more of an ascetic thing. What is a good size bezel that you would recommend that wont break the bank but is kinda small? also what is bezel listed on when looking at monitor specs?
aylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #27 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: First PC build

Bezel size isn't a listed spec actually, or at least isn't the norm.
Certain monitors have PR that says "small bezel" or whatnot, but otherwise it's up to you to judge by pictures.

One of the cheapest monitors with a small bezel that I found is that Acer I linked previously. It also happens to be an IPS panel.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 56
Default Re: First PC build

So installing everything now. The case has a wire labeled 1349 any idea where this plugs into the motherboard?
aylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,317
Default Re: First PC build

(1394) Firewire, don't worry about it.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 56
Default Re: First PC build

Simple enough now to find all these dam led spots
__________________

aylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.