First PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you would get better air flow if you turned the zalman so its blowing the air toward the exhaust fan behind it.

But i would look into watercooling too since you have a lot of room in that case. The space at the top with the 4 80mm (i think) fans would be able to fit a good size radiator.

Nice setup too, have fun with it ;).

Ya I know what you mean, those shots in extreme low light really require a stabilized tripod or something.

O and mutwa, I will trade you computers. lol :D

darkop16 said:
I think you would get better air flow if you turned the zalman so its blowing the air toward the exhaust fan behind it.

But i would look into watercooling too since you have a lot of room in that case. The space at the top with the 4 80mm (i think) fans would be able to fit a good size radiator.

Nice setup too, have fun with it ;).

I originally installed it in that configuration, and saw that the ram fan housing blocks a significant amount of air flow, directly in front of the heatsink fan. It very well could produce better airflow, but I havent tried it yet, and might. I think the 120mm rear fan directly affects its speed, depending on the rear fans speed. The more I turn up the rear fan, the higher rpm the cpu heatsink fan goes. On the stock cpu fan, the configuration was such that it utilized this to the fullest. The two fans were 90 degrees to each other, and spun the same way. Do they mean for this to happen?

lancec2c30 said:

O and mutwa, I will trade you computers. lol :D

Sure, only I'm broke now and can't afford to ship it over-night.

The only way to tell which has better airflow is check your temps with each configuration. The way you have it right now could be the best since you have the dominator fans in front of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom