First matx build need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobe

Beta member
Ok heres what I got so far, and later I'll explain what I need help with.

Asus rampage ll gene

core i7 920

samsung spinpoint f1 1tb

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM

2x XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 (really like cause of the lifetime warranty, I was gonna go with a single gtx 295, but the ones I like are all sold out on newegg, and completely tooking off the site. I won't buy nothing from nvidia without a lifetime warranty on it bad exp. so I can't just risk it unless the warranty is good enough.)

OCZ Platinum 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I won't even bother putting the other stuff as I KNOW I'm getting it, but these are the things I'm willing to change if there are some known problems. As of now I know asus support sucks, but it seems like they still make a good product, I've read nothing bad about the samsung spinpoint/wd vr. I have read nothing either way on ocz.

I also need some advice on power supplies. I figure I'm gonna have to go with 1000w or higher. TT tough power is sold it, and its the one I wanted, and I can't find the site I had that actually tested/reviewed psu. So now I'm not sure which one I should go with. The abs one looks cool, but everything I read says their junk.

Heres the real problem I'm facing.. I want to fit all that stuff into this
Newegg.com - NZXT ROGUE Crafted Series BLACK ROGUE w. RED LED Black Aluminum MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

I also really like this case and would prefer using it if possible, but not sure if the mobo is compatible with it.
Newegg.com - Antec Skeleton Black ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Now for cooling this is a major problem for me. As while I'm good at getting stuff put together.. Not so good at preping it, and making sure I got everything I'm gonna need. And its not like i can run to go get a fitting at the hardware store *or can I lol*. Heres what I got so far.

cpu block
CPU-345AC (CPU), Acrylic [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

nb block
CHC-122 (MB) [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

sb block
CHC-120-V06 (MB) [06mm, 1/4" ID] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

video card block
VID-487 (Radeon HD 4870, 4890) [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

Voltage regulator. Now this is a tuffy as it says I need heat plates, but I have no idea what size I need as I'd like to order of this stuff at the same time, so if anybody has the same mobo or know where I find the sizes at please let me know. And how many I need I'm assuming 3.

3x MVR-40 (MB VReg) [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

Cooling system
Exos-2 V2, Black [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

If somebody could help me out with the fittings as which ones I should get.. Size, and how many. Would greatly be apprecaited.

Thanks guys I'll look into what you guys said.. Although I'm iffy 850w you sure that'd push the 4890's? No I don't have to go with matx tower, and I might not I'm still trying to get everything around, and find what I like. Still got maybe 2 weeks...

I was gonna get the bfg 295gtx but their out of stock on newegg, and I think their also out of stock on that site to.

My first question is, do you really need a mini atx rig? If you want to go xfire it's really worth investing in a ATX mobo and much bigger full tower. But anyway.

Do you really need 4890 crossfire is my other question, If you have a 30" monitor it would be worth it, otherwise you probably don't need dual cards. the gtx 295 you can get from ncixus

NCIXUS.com - Buy BFG GeForce GTX 295 576MHZ 1792MB 1.998GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDMI HDCP Video Card - BFGEGTX2951792E.

Bfg has a lifetime warranty. or you can go with evga from the same site.

now the ram you suggested is great, but you only need 6gb, 12gb is unnecessary.
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Even with crossfire 4890's you would be fine with this power supply, corsair make great psu's and are highly recommended around these forums.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

now i can't say much at all for the w/c loop, you need aspire for that. But i will say that radiator really looks way too expensive, and i know for cpu blocks most people find the apogee GTZ blocks really great. they use petras to buy w/c products.
Petra's Tech Shop

as for fitting them in the case, Ive seen people put sli gtx285's in the nzxt rogue and 4890's are slightly smaller so you could fit them in there. It looks like you could fit in the 4890's in there as well. Although sounds like it's not that good of a case and it would be pretty cramped up the top there. The 4890's may be cheaper and perform a bit better but i would still go with the single car solution. It;s up to you though, the crossfire doesn't really use that much more power then a single 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom