First Gaming PC Build! (Feedback please!)

Pc fanbaneran

Beta member
Hey guys I'm building my first gaming pc and feedback is hugely and graciously needed!
Processor: Intel i5 4670
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
Ram: corsair 1x8 gb
Power supply: Corsair CXM600w
Video card:Nvidia GeForce GTX 770
HDD: WD 1TB SATA III
SSD: Samsung 250gb
If any of my build is too weak or strong please tell me. Thanks!

Your motherboard is wrong for the chip, you need an 1150 board for that chip. That being said, you don't need a Z87 board for a non-K class CPU. CPU choice is excellent otherwise.
(I recommend ASRock or Asus B85 for the 4670 non-k)

I also advise on 2x4GB of RAM rather than a single stick.

Also with a budget to support this machine I suggest a higher quality PSU. The CXM is fine, but it is a budget line after all.

UPDATE:
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mobo: MSI Z87
RAM: corsair 2x4 gb
PSU: corsair CX750w
Video card:GTX 770
Sorry for changing around the parts. Not so budget now but looks ok, right?

I think it looks good but for gaming you really don't need the I7, No games are using Hyper threading so for $100 cheaper the I5 4670 would be best IMHO

You didn't need to switch the processor or anything. You just need a compatible motherboard and the RAM/PSU were suggestions.

The CX750 is still a CX which is still a budget PSU line from Corsair. Although still rather capable you would be better off if you could find the S1211 or M1211 Seasonic 620w. They are built a bit better.

The dual vs single stick on the RAM issue is simply because 2 sticks will run in dual-channel mode which doubles memory bandwidth. A thing to know is do not purchase anything faster than 1600MHz because it's pointless.

OOPS didn't notice the PS, PP ic correct with the Seasonic being better built than the CX series

I can tell that you are an expert on this, so, if you are happy to do so could you just give me a decent build for $1000? I know how to build computers it's just the compatibility I don't get. Thank you very much for going out of your way for this.

I can tell that you are an expert on this, so, if you are happy to do so could you just give me a decent build for $1000? I know how to build computers it's just the compatibility I don't get. Thank you very much for going out of your way for this.
Idk why my last post didn't go through.

Anyways your last build was fine you just needed to update the board to match the CPU you had selected. You also didn't need to up the wattage of the PSU, just a better quality unit like the Seasonic previously linked. (I know you're in Ireland)

The 4670 will meet your demands better and you can put it in a cheaper ASRock or Asus B85 board to save you some cash. Don't worry, it may be cheap but has all the functionality of a better board which also includes upgradability to an i7 later if you wish.

If you want me to link some stuff I'll need to know the site you're looking to order hardware from.

Back
Top Bottom