First gaming computer build: ~$1300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reivei

Beta member
Hey guys! I'm hoping to build my first gaming computer soon, and I think I've gotten a pretty decent list of parts. I've gotten some help at other sites, and this will be the last site I ask for help on before I order stuff. However, I still do need help with a couple of things. So without further ado, here goes:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7-930

Graphics Card: I'm actually having a very difficult time deciding between the GTX 470 and the HD 5870. I need a recommendation for this.

RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922

PSU: I'll just link this one lol Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

CD/DVD Drive: And this one Newegg.com - ASUS Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

I sincerely hope that all of these parts are compatible lol. If not, could I get suggestions for replacements? Finally, do I need to get anything extra for cooling?

Thanks in advance.

Finally, do I need to get anything extra for cooling?

as far as the case goes no, it should provide good airflow. if you want to OC though, you should look into getting a better cooler.

maybe swap that set out for this set here
Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK
it's $5 more but it can run with better timings, and you can get $30 back from the rebate.

All right, I'll look into the RAM and HD. And no, I'm not planning to OC, so I should be fine.

All of these parts are compatible, right?

+1 to the OCZ gold thas what I am using and it works great, also I will cast my vote for the 5870, hands down a better card then the 470

This is pretty much my EXACT build, so i would love to see what your outcome is. The only thing i am doing different(and it just came today so im incredibly excited to put it in), is the asus p6x58d premuim. It was on sale on newegg and was $20 more. For the extra $20 everyone seemed to be in agreement that it would be the better choice. Keep us updated, especially me, because its the exact same build as me! :thumbsup:

Oh yea, if you have a Microcenter near you, they have a collermaster HAF 932 case available right now. If you can pick it up, you will get a better quality case, and for the same price as the HAF 922 shipped. Everyone seems to like the larger cases better. THey say its got better build quality, better airflow, easier to work with, etc...

Can someone provide me a link to Windows 7 Home on Newegg? I need to order it from there, but there are a lot of different things with strange titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom