First Desktop Build --- help

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a vista home premium that comes with a free windows 7 upgrade.

it depends how long it will last. there are many people who are still happily using p4 systems because they dont need to upgrade, but this technology moves too quick to determine how long it will last. there are new cpus, gpus, and other hardware coming out every 6-12 months.

i see. my friend downloaded vista and burnt it as an ISO and booted that way. i heard that that way, you won't get authentication.. is that true? you can't escape not buying it? but it does come with a free windows 7 upgrade

hmm, im not sure, but that sounds like a pirated vista (to me anyway), which would make it so you dont need like a product key or something. it could be something else though.

if it is pirated, obviously i would recommend not using it.

you have to recommend not using it, other people read this :p . lol i'm kidding... so i think i'm going to go with your build + Vista instead of XP.

well, i guess if you feel comfortable enough to set it up yourself. although if you plan to OC, an aftermarket air cooler would still be good.

i dont know much on it, so i couldnt even recommend a kit. liquid/water cooling is right up the alley of some other members though, but i do know that a good setup wont come cheap.

ok should i consider some luxury such as liquid cooling and all?

I would stick with the stock cooler for now... the only reason to go water cooling is if you are planning some serious OC'n... otherwise I would say save your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom