First computer project - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: First computer project

Got the gtx580, the ASUS p8p67 PRO and the NZTX Hades case Now I'm just waiting for the 2500k processor, the Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 750W, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 and the 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CAS8 I don't have any better camera that the one on my phone but here are some pics:

Inside the case

all i got for now

I'll wait to put it all together when i get the rest of the stuff, I'll post more pictures then.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Lord of Bacon

The waiting, oh the waiting!

At least you can do little things, like place the motherboard stand-offs and read the manuals you have.

Please read through the thread thoroughly before responding.
Nobody wants to read a wall of text, formatting is your friend.

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yeah, I could do that. I just got to know that the rest of the stuff has been delivered to a storehouse somewhere and i can pick it up over there. I'm just not sure if i'm gonna go get it now or tomorrow, It's kinda late and I have some school projects to do...

Edit: I went and got them so now all I have to do is to put it all together, I forgot my dvd-drive at my other place so I'll have to get it and install windows later... Or I'll just grab the one I have in this computer >

Edit: Phew... I've put everything together now except the optical drive. I will get the optical drive and a copy of windows 7 my dad had tomorrow... Here are some pics:

The CPU:

This pic got kind of dark but you'll see hints of the cables tucked in behind the MB:

Putting the sidepanel on with all the hidden cables behind the MB was actually the hardest part of building the computer, I spent at least 1h trying to smooth out the cables, Otherwise everything went pretty good. It seems like a very good case so far!

Closed Thread