First Computer Build. Need input/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparco23

Beta member
Hello, Super Noob Sparco here with a plea due to general noobishness. Here goes:

So i have been a LONG time reader and seeker of knowledge on Tech Forums and a first time poster so when i tell you that i value and trust what you wonderful fellows say enough to spend money on it, i mean it . so thank you in advance. ok i am building my first desktop and i have some questions, no idea if they are nooby or not. heres my list of "to be bought" so far:

AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT75TFBGRBOX
ARCTIC COOLING ACALP64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
KINGWIN LZG-700 GOLD 700W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply.
HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Ram - ????????

So my questions are these:
1) Is my system powerful enough to stay "current" for a year or so?
2) Is my system compatible so far??
3) Watts, do i have enough/too little?
4) Power(processor/ram) Enough/too little?
5) Good Mobo for the setup i have/want?
AND
6)What friggin memory do i buy!?(Asus website says "Service Unavailable" on the memory support tab) I want 8gb please.

Also i am torn between the AMD Phenom II X6 3.0GHz and the AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 3.4GHz. Which is Better???

I will be using this system mainly as an everyday desktop with some avi-ipod video conversion, little bit of starcraft 2 and a night light when i get a case filled with led fans. i am building this system more powerful than i need in anticipation for keeping it a long time. again let me kiss you butts in advance and let you know that i really appreciate you all helping a guy out. Thank you!

It's not a bad go at it. Iyt'll be a good setup for a few years... The gpu is a lower end one, in gaming performance, but a deccent gpu.

Though the psu is unknown, and honestly unless you plan an Xfire/SLI setup a touch over, but not bad.

Well, on the cpu, 6 cores verses 4 cores. I'd go with the x6 as it has the more cores to eventually convert better.

The Black is for more overclocking features, so unless you plan crazy overclocks not big thing.

Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom