First Computer Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The velociraptor is ok but an ssd would be better if you can afford it and for the psu get something atleast 500watts and is 80+.

I understand that you're on a budget, but Hard Drives don't last forever. Try to avoid used ones. Especially those old, slow ones. Pcbuilder, his budget is $500 to $600. He's already squeezing it there, so I don't think an SSD is going to realistically happen. Here is a better build for your budget. I couldn't find a better deal on an Intel CPU/Mobo, so that stays the same. HDD is up to you, but go for something faster. Case is also up to you.
Case: Personal preference.
HDD: Seems like in your budget, there all recertified. Go with afaster Seagate to save money.
RAM: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
ODD: Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners
CPU/Mobo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
PSU:Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Good spotting with the Spinpoint. I suppose the 430w will work fine, considering he has an APU.

I appreciate everyone's input on the matter. Unfortunately i was not able to view any of the responses on my phone:( I went ahead with my build everything is up and running now just updating and trying to get back what i lost. I love my AMDs. I have no hate towards Intel, its just one of those unexplainable loves. i got a larger psu everything seems to be working wonderfully and i was able to shell out a bit extra for the Win 7 OS. To those who have stated it I do plan on, in the future, installing a ssd as my OS drive. I don't expect to play the latest and greatest i do that with my console mainly. However i saw my mobo allowing me to upgrade far in the future to the latest and greatest. I do also plan on, when i have more funds, upgrading ram. This build was meant to be basic with the possibility of upgrading in the future without having to do a full build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom