First computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, do you guys think I should invest in an after market cooler? If so whats best?

YES YES YES! lol...hmm cool master Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 39.99 or cool master V8 59.99 at newegg.com

*EDIT*
his orignal post is kinda missleading about the ram, he priced 8 gigs and listed 4, the ram is really only 80 bucks after mail in rebate for 4 gigs so not really much savings there.

The 470 cost more then the 5850, and unless you can show me some benchmarks that prove other wise, while it may be a very slightly better card unless you find one on sale for around the same price range its not really worth going for ( in my mind) if he was going to spend that much money he could spend a little more and pick up a 5870, which we should both be able to agree would be a lot bigger upgrade then the 470.

But definitly agree on the powersupply go with the one me and the other guy pointed out.

As far as i7 vs the 1090T I was just playing devils advicate, pointing out the other way you could go. I went the i7 route on my build but the 1090T would more then run FF14 which is what your trying to acomplish here.

GTX 470 cost 314.99 with rebate its 295.99.....ATI 5850 cost 349.99 how you figure its cheaper lmao go do your research newbii 470 killers 5850 and its almost 60 dollars cheaper lmao

GTX 470 cost 314.99 with rebate its 295.99.....ATI 5850 cost 349.99 how you figure its cheaper lmao go do your research newbii 470 killers 5850 and its almost 60 dollars cheaper lmao

350? I linked the the xfx 5850 for 294.99 right now, before you start talking about doing research actually read all the posts in the therad? :thumbsup:and again from what I have read in the past the difference is hardly anything if I am wrong please feel free to drop a few links to some benchmarks that show other wise , and the lowest price I found on a 470 was 325 after rebates ( not to say that there is not one for 295 just had not seen ityet)

oh and +1 an aftermarket cpu cooler

^You can get both the same price give or take 5 bucks. Go do some checking on newegg. Theyre both upwards of 360 and as low as $270 after mir.

Also, most tests i've seen, the 5850 is abit above the 470.

^You can get both the same price give or take 5 bucks. Go do some checking on newegg. Theyre both upwards of 360 and as low as $270 after mir.

Also, most tests i've seen, the 5850 is abit above the 470.

Same, but they where all so close that I wouldnt go as far as to say one wasy really worlds better then the other is all so I didnt bring it up :thumbsup:

One more question, and once again, thanks for being so helpful guys. But is there anything else I will need other than what I posted? Like a specific screwedriver, or static free gloves? Screws maybe? I just wanna make sure that when I get the parts, I won't have to be ordering something else because I forgot something. Thanks again!

*EDIT*
I was also just wondering if there is anything else you guys think I will need? When I say that I mean like a specific screwdriver, or static free gloves? Or does everything just come with the parts I ordered?

Why though? I have heard that the 1090t is better than this intel cpu. I mean I am all for changing, but I want to be getting the max effinciency between my cpu and graphics card. So if you can, please let me know why you think this, and I will defintaly consider! Thanks.

I more or less agree. The i7 870 should really be called a i5 870. I would stick with the 1090 over the 870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom