First computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ28-2k6

Baseband Member
well as the title says this will be my first build. mainly the system will be for FFXIV, but I am looking to hear some remarks on what you guys think about it, and what you think would be better if you don't like a certain product, and to make sure it is compatible. thanks in advance, and here we go.

The Computer-$1394.92​

Motherboard-$149.99
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Motherboard - AMD 890GX, AM3, DDR3, USB, RAID, ATX at TigerDirect.com
CPU-$299.99
AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Six Core Processor
AMD HDT90ZFBGRBOX Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Six Core Processor - 3.20GHz, 6MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s) FSB, Retail, Socket AM3, Processor with Fan at TigerDirect.com
RAM-$200.00
Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM - - PC10666, 1333MHz, 4096MB (2x 2048MB), 240 Pin, Dual-Channel at TigerDirect.com
Video Card-$319.99
Diamond Radeon HD 5850
Diamond Radeon HD 5850 Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, CrossFireX Ready, Dual DVI, Display Port, HDMI at TigerDirect.com
Sound Card-$129.99
Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium
Creative Labs 70SB088600002 SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCIe Sound Card at TigerDirect.com
Hard Drive-$94.99
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200 RPM, 32MB, SATA-300 at TigerDirect.com
DVD Burner-$24.99
LG GH22NS50R DVDRW Drive
LG GH22NS50R DVDRW Drive - DVD+R 22X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD-RAM12X, CD-R 48X, CD-RW 32X, SATA at TigerDirect.com
Case-$104.99
NZXT Zero 2 Craft Series Full Tower Case
NZXT Zero 2 Craft Series Full Tower Case - Steel Chassis, Quad 120mm Fans, Dual 120mm Exhaust, Top Mounted USB, Audio, eSATA at TigerDirect.com
Power Supply-$69.99
Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply
Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty at TigerDirect.com

The reason that everything is listed at tigerdirect is because that is what i was told would be the best for everything. I have shopped through new egg before, but was told they weren't as cheap. Thanks so far for the input guys/gals!

The reason that everything is listed at tigerdirect is because that is what i was told would be the best for everything. I have shopped through new egg before, but was told they weren't as cheap. Thanks so far for the input guys/gals!

well if your going with the 5850 (which is a great card and will run FF14 very well) its 10 bucks cheaper for the xfx at newegg ;)

MB / CPU $410

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Video card and RAM $370

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Case and DVD drive $108

Power supply $89

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

HardDrive $89

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Same setup Different case, 798 before tax / shipping / mail in rebates just throwing stuff out there. and I left out the sound card unless there was a special reason you needed it.

you could even go with the case you picked out and the dvd drive you picked out and it would only add 20 bucks to the total from what I can see, unless I missed something.

when I add up your total with only 4 gigs of ram and no sound card it comes up to around 1165 before any tax /shipping

oh and... I cant wait for FF14 to come out lol ;) its the reason I just built a new computer also

and I am not sure how everyone else feels... but you could go

MB / CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.434526
ram / video
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.433469

and the same hard drive/ powersupply already posted for around 1105 I think that if your interested ins pending the extra money that would run the game better then the AMD 1090T but both would be good builds

ditch the sound card for sure, on board sound cards on modern motherboards are just as good if not better... that will shave another $130 off that you could put towards a better graphics card

So would I be better of getting the AMD 1090T or the Intel I7 Bloomfield?

*EDIT*
Also, do you guys think I should invest in an after market cooler? If so whats best?

Ill go for the gtx 470 over the 5850 cost about the same and the 470 blows the 5850 out the water.And for the memory go with Corsair Dominator ( 2 x2GB)DDR3 1600 cost 60 dollars cheaper and better im my option. and for the motherboard since you saved 60 on the memory you can go ahead and get the MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard - AMD 890FX 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0. The power supply only gots Energy Efficiency of only 78%, which mean running at it to it max and temps get high it will only put out about 600watts. I wouldent go cheap on PSU if it blows it can take other hardware with it. If you go for a 750w PUS get something that above 80% efficiency just some advice. Yeah i wouldent get the sound card not worth it trust me save the 140 dollars and get an 30/40gb SDD for your OS or use it for a better PSU, up to you. GL

Ill go for the gtx 470 over the 5850 cost about the same and the 470 blows the 5850 out the water.And for the memory go with Corsair Dominator ( 2 x2GB)DDR3 1600 cost 60 dollars cheaper and better im my option. and for the motherboard since you saved 60 on the memory you can go ahead and get the MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard - AMD 890FX 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0. The power supply only gots Energy Efficiency of only 78%, which mean running at it to it max and temps get high it will only put out about 600watts. I wouldent go cheap on PSU if it goes it could bring down more with it. had it happen to me took out my MB and VC.

his orignal post is kinda missleading about the ram, he priced 8 gigs and listed 4, the ram is really only 80 bucks after mail in rebate for 4 gigs so not really much savings there.

The 470 cost more then the 5850, and unless you can show me some benchmarks that prove other wise, while it may be a very slightly better card unless you find one on sale for around the same price range its not really worth going for ( in my mind) if he was going to spend that much money he could spend a little more and pick up a 5870, which we should both be able to agree would be a lot bigger upgrade then the 470.

But definitly agree on the powersupply go with the one me and the other guy pointed out.

As far as i7 vs the 1090T I was just playing devils advicate, pointing out the other way you could go. I went the i7 route on my build but the 1090T would more then run FF14 which is what your trying to acomplish here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom