Well First off hello, I’m in the early stages of my first computer build. My budget for the entire system (including TV’s) is fairly large so I am mostly interested in high quality yet still deal friendly equipment. I am not rich. So here goes, input and recommendations are wanted and very much welcome. Also I will update this first post regularly.
I am trying to assemble a home entertainment system, I mean the works. I want to be able to access and control all TV's and use a Central computer to do it. There is a list of the components attached at the bottom. What I am going for also is as few components in the living room and my sons room as possible.
I Plan on having everything run from the main CPU in the master bedroom. The following link explains it pretty good.
I am also hoping that I can actually run Vista properly.
First off I have decided what I want out of a system so here goes.
3 Rooms (2 TV’s and 1 Monitor)
2 terabytes 500Gb x 4 (What is Raid?)
TV tuner (still haven’t found this part)
7.1 Audio card (living room system has its own 7.1)
Internet access (in all rooms)
Hard Drive access from all Rooms (by way of Linksys media extenders)
Cable access to all rooms (by way of Linksys media extenders)
Wireless 802.11N in all rooms (by way of Linksys media extenders)
OK here is the list of things I have come up with so far. The list grows as my research continues. This is going to be my first build. I have decided on using Linksys routers for the wireless capability, but I am still considering HP's 42 Inch LCD that has wireless built into it. The cooling System I want to be extreme because I am probably going to put a secondary CPU in the case at some point. I also love the water cooled look through the Side view windows.
Input is welcome.
1. Case, Thermaltech Mozart Tx.
2. Motherboard, EVGA nforce 780i SLI
3. Processor, Intel Q6600 (planning to over clock with Liquid cooling)
4. Internal memory 8 GB, OCZ (2x2048) 800MHz DDR2
5. Dual NVIDIA 8800 GT, this is the only Card that takes the decoding process completely off of the processor.
6. Western Digital Hard Drives, 500 GB, 7200 RPM, 16 mb cache
7. Asus Xonar D2 7.1 PCI Sound Card
8. Blu Ray DVD Drive, Pioneer
9. Apevia 120mm UV Blue Case Fans, attached to radiators (Qty 5)
10. ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ1300 ATX12V (crap these are expensive happy to any suggestions to cut a little cost)
Wireless media Router and Extenders
1. Linksys DMA2100 Wireless Receiver, this receiver has HDMI and RCA outputs.
2. Linksys Wrt600N Router, the router has HDMI and RCA audio inputs.
Remotes to control most functions
1. Logitech Harmony 1000
2. Logitech Harmony 890
Living Room Keyboard
Logitech diNova Mini
1. Koolance HDD water cooling blocks
2. Koolance Ram-30-V06 RAM cooling Blocks
3. PrimoChill HE-Core 120mm, Blue, Radiator (Qty 5)
4. PrimoChill LP, Blue, Radiator Shroud (Qty 5)
5. PrimoChill Typhoon 120L, Blue Reservoir (Qty 2)
6. PrimoChill anti Kink UV Green Tubing Wrap
7. D-Tek Fuzion CPU Water Block
8. D-Tek dB-1 12v Pump (Considering 2 pumps)
9. Swiftech Stealth, VGA Water Block
10. Koolance motherboard Water block
11. Koolance North and south block (universal)
I cleaned the list up a bit.