first build/ everything A+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh that stuff is good, but i (and 1/2 of the people here) can build you a better one.

That case looks pretty good cooling wise, but i've heard nothing buy good things about the TT Tsunami

That mobo is good if you going crossfire, but your not.
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
it can be modded into an sli board.

You might be able to squeeze a 7900GTX into your budget.
EVGA 7900GTX

with the cooling you picked you might be looking to overclock, but im not a mind reader cause ythe RAM you picked out suck for oc'ing. you can oc an opty 165 to around the performance of a 4400+
AMD opteron 165

for ram both of these will work fine, overclocking or not.
G.SKILL Extreme series 2gb dual channel kit
G.SKILL Value series (used to be Extreme series, Pzero got his fsb around 270, or 290 i cant remember with this stuff)

You hard drive was fine.
WD 250gb 16mb cache Hard Drive

For your PSU you can do better for cheaper with the antec truepower II 550W.
Antec Truepower II 550w PSU

the sound card was good but you can do better with the X-FI extreme music.
Creative Soundblaster X-FI

The zalman 9500CNPS is a great cooler, but i've heard the TT big typhoon is a better cooler, and cheaper too.
Thermaltake big typhoon

Unless you really want the media center edition you can just get the home.
Whindows XP home edition

hey i added up your build and it came to $1600 (if i added right) and the build i gave you which will give you one of the best computers money can buy only came out to $1650 exactly. just having the 7900GTX insted of the X850XT will give you so much of performance jump, it's ridiculous. Please, take my advice and build what i posted, if you dont your a retard.

hes not going to use an SLI-DR, its such a waste of money, even if u want to use it, DONT! its a complete waste of money. get the Ultra-D, are you going to OC? if your not going to OC then do not get the opteron 165, and get the stuff combined with your original plans and my first post.

P.P. Mguire said:
Its pointless to buy an Ultra-D now and SLI. If you mod it you screw your waranty and i wouldnt be telling a noob to OC.

yeah if i want SLI im gonna go for an SLI board, but some people like to mod ans save money.

and even if he dosent OC he'll still get great performance for more than $100 less than the 4400+.

but would you rather have: #1 4400+ and a X850XT or #2 opty 165 and a 7900GTX?

i would got for #2

Opteron 165 OC'ed and a 7900 GTX will kill the 4400+ and X850XT for real. I totally agree with getting the TruePower 550 PSU. Go with G skill or OCZ ram for OCing.

hard to argue against a 7900gtx.

if he's planning on gaming, then option #2 is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom