First build ever Gaming video editing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could get 8 Gigs of RAM instead of 16, 8 Gigs is all you will ever need for gaming and video editing shouldn't use that much. Don't get an i5 if your going to be doing editing and rendering. You will want the hyper threading.
He is getting the 3770k. Have you done video editing before? Depending on what programs you use and how much editing you're doing you can easily go over 8GB.

Woops sorry didnt notice the second page confirming which one hes getting. Yeah I've done video editing and just my personal experience is that I havent used that much just what I went by.

Woops sorry didnt notice the second page confirming which one hes getting. Yeah I've done video editing and just my personal experience is that I havent used that much just what I went by.
Yea previously I had never used over 4GB for anything. I was using Vegas and ran out of RAM which then froze the program in the middle of what I was doing due to no swap.

Yea previously I had never used over 4GB for anything. I was using Vegas and ran out of RAM which then froze the program in the middle of what I was doing due to no swap.
Dang, yeah I'm using 5GB right now and I guess I just do small video edits, 4-5 Minute videos with not a lot of effects. Never have used all 5GB before though. My CPU however lol, now that is at 100% often =/ old thing. I'll be more careful to notice continuing pages next time :p

I was editing a 45 minute long jam session and was cutting each song into its own clip. The whole video being 1080p and each song taking up a ton of space. I had to assign a page file to a networked drive on my server to complete the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom