First Build Done - A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eayes

Baseband Member
OK folks, my first build ever is done and it works! What a relief. A few questions. When it powers up and goes through the Asus screen and all it says "hard disk not detected" however then it goes and fires up Vista and is normal, is that anything to worry about and can I make it go away? Next I update drivers for vid card from Nvidia site. Is there anything else I need to update, BIOS or anything from any of the manufacturer sites? Thanks!

I have the Asus p6t deluxe motherboard. The "hard disk not detected" message is from the marvell controller looking for dives connected to it. If you want the message to go away you can disable it in bios. You do not need to it as it will not effect anything. I did just because I did not like it.

With a fresh install I want to have the all newest drivers from the Asus website.
After that I only update the chipset drivers as new ones come out and other drivers if I have issues that need to be fixed.

As for bios if you are overclocking or changing ram or cpu it is good to have the newest version.
If not, if it is not broke no need to fix it.

What board do you have?

Also make sure you have got your lan drivers, sounds drivers etc. all installed. Generally install chipset drivers first, restart, then install the rest. As hef said the hdd detection is probably from a different controller on the motherboard then what your using so dont sweat it. Bios updates have become very easy since the usb upgrade feature with new motherboards so if you want to have the latest, just download the execution file from manufacturers site and it will make a bootable flash drive/floppy drive for you.

Hef I've got the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel board. Are there drivers for that outside of the BIOS that need upgrading? Thanks for the help.

I did my build about 3 weeks ago and used the newest from ASUS at the time. I have not had any issues with any of them as of yet.

If you overclock get bios 0406 as it opens up the 21x multi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom