First build done and a blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheeppOSU

Solid State Member
Everything is hooked up and when I turn on the computer nothing. I seem to have power to everything (minus one fan that does not appear to be working).

I checked the ram and switched it into different DIMM slots to see if maybe that would cause it. The fan on the video card is running so it at least has power. fdd is working I put the os disk in there. The power light on the monitor is blinking like it isn't receiving any info from the computer. At least thats my uneducated guess about it. I had the monitor on this current comp earlier today and it was working fine.

Well I don't even know where to begin to look now any help would be appreciated. If any other info would be helpful let me know.

Q6600
Gigabyte P35-DS3r
2x1GB crucial ballistix ram
8800 GTX
Antec 900 case (bottom hd fan not working btw)
tuniq tower 120
250GB WD 7200RPM SATA x2

Did you plug in the power connector for the video card? for the processor (next to the slot, 4 pin)? Take out the dead fan.

The video card had two power cord slots and I plugged them both into the power supply. The cords had one extra 2 pin connecter on each cord though not sure what those were for. They are just dangling now.
Not sure what you were referring two with the second part to that question.

There should be a 4-pin connector next to the processor. It is similar to the ATX 24-pin one. Your PSU should supply you with that 4-pin connector, and the motherboard has one.

Wow I am not sure if I remembered to connect that. Hopefully thats the problem I'll let you know thanks a ton.

If that wasn't the problem you may want to check that the monitor cable is conencted to the correct port on the video card (if it has two). They should have an inscription on them, you want port #1.

No, on the bottom right of the pic it says Optimum Online, it's cable and it's not a huge company but it's the best around here. I've heard FIOS is good though I would definitely like a chance to try it.

Comcast is probably the best there is in the upper mid-west region. They're fast and increase their bandwidth like every month.

Only problem is they throttle BitTorrent downloads to stop pirates :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom