First Build Computer won't turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRoyals

Solid State Member
Just built this computer

-CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
-OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
-GIGABYTE UD3R MOBO
-COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN3 CM690 II Basic Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
-Galaxy 58NLH5HS8GGX GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
1 x Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950
-G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ
-ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Put it together and the power button doesn't do a thing. :madd:

When I switch on the PSU power goes thru all the parts but then just shuts off immediately. I'm confused. I've checked the power supply cords...and power button plug...

alrite awesome. i took it out of the case and only plugged in the essentials. PSU 24 connector and the 4 pin to the cpu. the cpu is in, heatsink fan, gpu, keyboard, mouse, monitor, and one stick of ram. problem is the monitor doesn't show me whats happening. it is plugged in on standby but nothing shows. I'M GETTING THERE!!

what gives tho...

Make sure your motherboard isn't screwed down to tightly and that it isn't touching the metal on the case (just like Slaymate said^). Just loosen every screw on your motherboard and tighten it until you just barely feel some resistance. I have literally seen this happen three times, so it's very likely this is what's troubling you... One of my friends shorted his board out by having it screwed down way to tight and he had to get a new one. When he tried to turn it on a click came from the PSU and that was it... Just try to relieve some pressure from your mobo and if that doesn't work then you have a short somewhere.

EDIT: and you may want to also try resetting the motherboard jumper if it's not displaying anything on your screen.

I've been trying it on my desk. so i've taken everything out of the case. It's running with gpu, cpu and psu fans going and lights on. but the monitor doesn't show a thing.

its working. yay! Although idk why. I waited 5-10min. then plugged the PSU back in and its good. cool.

Have you tried plugging your monitor into the onboard video card?

I had a PSU that was doing the same thing to me when I did my last build. If you continue to run into issues turning your computer on, I would suggest sending the PSU back or buying a new one if you are using a PSU from an older rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom