first build =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkPino

Solid State Member
I'm going to build my first computer (it's going to be used mostly for gaming) and I wanted to get some advice on what i should get. My budget is $850 although I would like to try too keep the cost as low as possible. I know it's probably not that much but I got no job so I've been saving my lunch money (rofl, I know its sad... and it's only 10 bucks a week) and christmas money for it. Anyways, here's what I have so far

Case
Linkworld Case

Power Supply
Antec TRUEPOWERII 430W

Mobo
ASUS A8N5X ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor*
AMD Athlon 64 3700+

Video Card*
XFX Geforce 6800GS

RAM
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB)

Hard Drive
Western Digital 80GB

CD/DVD Drive
SONY Black IDE DVD Burner

*wanted to know if getting a 3200+ and a 7800GT would be a better choice and if the processor would bottleneck the card at all

im no genius but from what ive read, if you are gonna use this for gaming you might wanna invest a little more money and get the 7800gt and the 3700+. if you are using it for like web browsing or other tasks go with the 6800gs and the 3700+.

wtk pro l said:
im no genius but from what ive read, if you are gonna use this for gaming you might wanna invest a little more money and get the 7800gt and the 3700+. if you are using it for like web browsing or other tasks go with the 6800gs and the 3700+.

Well, if he's just gonna use it for web browsing he can use onboard video! C'mon the 6800GS isn't THAT obsolete!

The 6800GS is a great card for the price. Dont doubt it. But I would go for the 7800GT and the lesser processor. In current games the main burden is on the video card - its the backbone of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom