First boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

suptt

Baseband Member
Well I just got my new comp together and when I turn it on it makes a really long beep, the fans come on, lights come on, but then it shuts down.

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
I have no clue what is going on here.

yeah I got that fixed. So now I turn it on and the case fans start, but it stays on for like 5 seconds then shuts off again. It does this over and over until I turn off the PSU.

Check and see if it's the PSU, even though it's very rare of a Corsair PSU to come DOA it just happened the other day. Check and see on the back of the PSU where the little red switch is. Make sure it reads 115. If it reads 230 then stick your nail in there and flip it.

Hrm your right...Thats akward most PSU's have the switch to change the volts on the back. Try another PSU to see if it will work.

Make sure everything is connected properly. Try reconnecting everything to make sure.

If you tried powering it at 230v and you are located in a 115v region you've already killed the power supply and flipping the switch back where it should be won't change anything. My guess is you either have a bad board or some failing RAM, more likely the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom