First boot- Nothing on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoddessVirage

Baseband Member
I have assembled all of the parts of my computer and I turned it on for the first time just now. My monitor is saying 'no PC signal' (it's a hybrid computer monitor/tv screen). There is no POST beep. All of the fans are running and the light are on, etc. My graphics card is a Gigabyte HD 4670 512MB GDDR3 and I don't think it needed to be plugged directly into the powersource because there is nothing in the instruction manual about that. I don't want to pop in my OS disk yet until I figure this out (which my boyfriend told me to do but I thought I needed to acces the BIOS first). Please help!

Intel Quad Core 9400 processor
Gigabyte UD3R LGA 775 ATX Motherboard
Gigabyte HD 4670 512MB GDDR3 Videocard
Corsair 450 watt single rail power source

I have tried using another monitor and the same thing happens.

Things to try
Check all connectors
reseat your gpu
try unplugging different peripherals like hard drives
use only one stick of ram
Do you have another card to try out in the mobo?

At this point it can be anything so let's try process of elimination

I have a really old graphics card from a computer build in 2000- I'm not sure if it's compatible btu I'll try pulling it out of my old computer. Going to try your other suggestions now...

Awesome! I don't know which did it- the one stick of ram or taking out and putting back in the video card but bios Loaded and the POST beep went off. I have dual channel ram (g.skill) and my motherboard said to put them in the two same colored slots- is this right or shouls I just put them in the different colored slots next to each other?

I hope the old card is pci-e. My last suggestion would be to tear it down and build it back up again and paying close attention in making sure everything fits and nothing is bent.

edit: No they should be in the same colored slots. So it runs w/ one stick in? Try putting it back if it does the same thing then you know the problem.

I put the second stick ina different color slot- I don't know if it's reading it- but the computer is working. I'm installing windows vista at the moment. After that is finished I will try putting the ram in the same colored slot again and restarting. Thank you so much for your help! I will let you know what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom