Firmware upgrades for DVD Drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
So I have the common Samsung DVD Burner SH-S183L OEM, I have yet to burn a dvd and want too so I decided to upgrade the firmware at this page. SAMSUNG Download Center

question is, how do I know which firmware version I have and which to upgrade too? Also after the firmware update can I use any software to burn DVDs since there apparently seems to be no company software. Also any recommendations in free dvd/cd burning software?

So I have the common Samsung DVD Burner SH-S183L OEM, I have yet to burn a dvd and want too so I decided to upgrade the firmware at this page. SAMSUNG Download Center

question is, how do I know which firmware version I have and which to upgrade too? Also after the firmware update can I use any software to burn DVDs since there apparently seems to be no company software. Also any recommendations in free dvd/cd burning software?
I'm gonna assume you have Vista, go to the control panel and click on device manager, find your cd/dvd rom drive and double click on it, click on the driver tab and see what version of the driver you have. You can check for an updated driver from that same screen by clicking the update driver tab. Have fun!

also with samsung there is a exe tool u can download that tells u ur model anf f/w version, from there u can get the latest u require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom