Finding a Computer Case... smaller but quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodman650

Solid State Member
Hey all,
So I'm planning on building a new system but I've got two important factors influencing my buying decisions: size and noise. I've had an old Antec case that roars and a smaller Shuttle system that whirs, but I've never had something I can call "silent". When doing some research I found a few possible products, the first and most favorable being the Antec Sonata II... but when I saw it today in my local computer store, I was amazed at how ugly the plastic face looked. Now, I'm kind of partial to Coolermaster towers because I think they're pretty sexy, but I think they're fairly large and not very quiet (am I wrong?) Can anyone recommend a case or two that might suit my tastes? (Small but quiet... and not made of plastic I guess). thanks!!

Woody

well the first thing i would say is that its not very hard to swap fans. so if u get a case that u like but is noisy u can just get some silant fans and use them

second i would recomend the sonata I not II cos i like u dislike the look of the II but personally the just normal sonata seems quite nice. it was also dead silant at my friends place :D

Well, I was going to suggest the Sonata II. Personally, I like the look of it, but I guess you don't like that one.

well if u got somthing like the coolermaster stacker and then put silent fans in it u would get great temps cos its HUGE and it would be silent but with stock fans im not sure that those 2 concepts mix

having no experience with fanless PSUs, how are they? do they get hot or are they pretty efficient? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom