Finally time to order video card! Advise please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what you just said contradicts itself... if you oc the 8800gt then you can oc the 8800gts a bit more and its still better then the 8800gt. the gts is a better card then the gt.

and where did you get this 8fps number?

Thats really subjective, not every game is "an increase of 8FPS" depends on the resolution, and the game you play though, at the high resolutions the 8800gts starts trouncing, same thing happens with AA and AF

but if you max the 8800gts g92 just a bit, it can beat out an 8800 GTX or even an 8800Ultra

For the money, the slim design, and the power usage, it wins, and while overclocking, you can hit those speeds. Sure you can make the 8800 GTS go faster with overclock, but you're also getting a fatter, more expensive and power hog of a card compared to my choice.

-DarkPacMan77-

I meant in EVERY situation, the 8800gt sometimes does lose to the 8800gtx when it comes to high resolutions and AA and AF on

yes, sometimes the 8800gt beats the 8800gtx, but thats usually at lower resolutions with no AA or AF on, and its usually by a minuscule amount, when its vice-versa, the 8800gtx does beat the 8800gt and the difference isn't minuscule because of the whole 768mb RAM amount on the GTX

I'm not here to argue, only to help. Here's some charts. Make the best decision you can. The 8800gt also comes within 3% behind the GTX in nearly all [game] benches I've seen, and beats it in most.

8800GTS_1.jpg

8800GTS_31.jpg

8800GTS_32.jpg

-DarkPacMan77-

Theres no 8800gts G92 revision on that graph, just 8800gts g80's (640mb and 320mb), and the g92 consumes less power, quieter, and is more powerful than those g80's were

Oh, you throw the captain at me... shameful indeed.

My apologies. It's 3:33PM and I haven't even slept. Rebate in hand, it seems like a better buy. EVGA has a 90 day step-up program though, so it's not like mine is a bad solution for a single card solution and lower cost.

-DarkPacMan77-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom