Finally ready for a NEW 22 monitor! (suggestions needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i personally have a Samsung 2266BW 22" WS.. it is a beast of monitor, I was a long time viewsonic user, then this baby came out, its perfect for everything.. no matter what you want to do, you can do it on this and it will look spectacular. I suggest spending the xtra cash and giving yourself something truly worth it.

I went with samsung becuase of two reasons, of all the 22" monitors out there, it had 2ms response time. Secondly, it's made by samsung, which has experince making displays both tv and computer, far longer than any of the 22" competitors.

What it comes down to is your gut feeling. For me, the samsung was perfect.

I am preety sure I am going to go with the acer, for it has won 5 awards, and samsung only 2, and acer has way more reviews, meaning it has a more accurate score.

But I still want to know what contrast ratio is
Samsung has Contrast Ratio DC 8000:1(1000:1)
Acer has Contrast Ratio 700:1
Which one is better, why?

Can you actually tell the difference between 5 ms and 2 ms?

It's like lag you see when something on screen is in motion

pretty hard to play games and movies when you get it

but 5ms and down should show no ghosting or laggy performances
Example

It's when the response time is so slow that the pixels cannot change color fast enough to produce the new color, essentially a ghost image of what was once on the screen trails behind the actual image, example would be, moving your gun in a FPS, this is ussually a quick reaction, and as such the pixels need to rapidly respond to this movement. What would trail behind the actual image is a ghost or a transparent blur, its extremely annoying, and was the major downfall for LCD's for quite awhile.

Higher the contrast ratio the better.

Lower the response time the better.

Sorry to keep adding questions, but now that the acer is out, because of low contrast ratio, I am now looking at Newegg.com - ASUS VK222H Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor w/Webcam 300 cd/m2 ASCR 5000:1(1000:1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Its an asus monitor with webcam, and same specs as the samsung.

So now its either the samsung, or the asus lol.

Are webcam worth it in a monitor? and has anyone had good experience with this asus monitor? or any asus monitor? Never heard of asus making monitors.

I think you should save for and additional week or however long you have to go and go with the samsung, I just bought one.. and it actually makes me want to play games again due to the image quality. I'm not disappointed in it at all. I recommend the Samsung T220 Rose/Black, That's what I bought, cost me about 270$ at circuit city. Amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom