Finally ready to get a new PC, little help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just raise the fsb. and dont worryim sure ur mobo will do fine for a little overklocking just nothing to extreme.and yea ur gonna want something a little better the a 6600GT ur gonna want at least a 6800GT cause later u can dd one more asnd see a big improvement with the 6600gt u wont see a big improvement just try to be a little futre proof and going dual core ur dong just that. But the intels are a lot more cheaper dual core chips if u wanna spend a little more on a video card.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116226
go with that one and overclock a bit then u have 100$ more to spend on a video card. just a suggestion.

Thanks, but I really don't want an itel CPU. Right now I'm on a laptop with a Radeon IGP 345M. I'm lucky if I get 20 FPS on games... I think the 6600GT will be fine for me.

But back of the main point, think I'm going to need liquid cooling to overclock it to 2.4 - 2.6 Ggz? Or should I just get regular cooling and use the extra money to upgrade something else. Perhaps the power supply?

Thanks, but I already tried looking for the best deal. The parts were all cheaper if I bought them from a company instead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom