Finally ordered Dell Inspiron 6400 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
View Poll Results: which language is better for buiding a "Smart "book?
"C" 0 0%
Smalltalk 0 0%
Common Lisp 0 0%
Ruby 0 0%
Scheme 0 0%
Other Your Choice( Teach me Why?) 1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Heehee yea makes me feel even better after reading your feedback. I did alor of research before ordering that laptop(almost a month of research and waiting for the price to go down and stuff) and i honestly wouldnt want to wait 2 months more to get a laptop which obviously would be quite more expensive then what i just ordered. But it's always good to hear what others have to say and i appreciate all of your comments guys n gals. Oh btw the whole price is Canadian Dollars

Old 06-03-2006, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey enjoy it! I can understant your impatience. I need a computer right now too and can barely wait any longer. If someone were to offer me a conroe E6600 right now, I would pay them $50 over the price just to get on with my activities. By the way, is there anyone who will get it for me? I guess not.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

Im sure people would pay WAY more then 50 dollars over the retail price to have a E6600 right now

Nice buy I would love a laptop, just no money for one...hope you enjoy it

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Old 06-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to Brtnboarder495

Not bad for how much you've payed, but I think Apple's iBook line is stronger.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Originally posted by Powerslave
Conroe = Desktop.
Merom = laptop.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie

<A HREF="">
Old 06-04-2006, 02:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Techie

pretty good pretty good
Looking for computers to buy?
<a href=></a>
Old 06-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thx for the replies guys n gals. I am quite disappointed in Dell atm as i have been checking the status for my order online since i ordered it. I didn't see any info regarding my order online for the first two days, but after speaking to a rep. about it, she got it going. So i checked my status everyday for uptil Friday and the order went into production that day and everything was going smooth, until i checked my order status on Saturday it gave me this message

"Delivery date of your product might have been changed.
This could have been prompted by the following circumstances:

* Mismatch between billing and credit card information.
* A system issue that interrupted the order entry flow

If the above occurred as a result of mismatched billing information, you will be contacted directly by one of our representatives within the next 2-3 business days.
If this does not happen, feel free to contact us at or at 1(800)847-4096"

First thing i did was call that number and to my surprise the offices are closed on weekends what a co-incidence eh ? So i have emailed the above mentioned department demanding an explanation as i had made sure on many occassions with different reps. and its cannot be a "Mismatch between billing and credit card information". I have also emailed the sales rep. i got this laptop from. It's Sunday evening and i havent heard from either of them and i am so ****ed at the moment because of this. I mean if anything like this was supposed to happen why not on Friday or Thursday ? Why on a Saturday when their offices are closed ? It just is too much of a co-incidence much like planned wouldnt ya say ? I have lost 2 days because of this and i am very unhappy with how things are going now as i might have to wait a week or so longer to get my laptop which i desperately need !!! It's just not fair :'(
Old 06-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Apparently for some kind of internal mistake/error or shortage of product, they had to cancel almost 2000 inspiron orders and re-order them. I was never notified of this and wouldnt have known if it wasnt for me to keep on calling them each day and bugging them about the status. I have said to them a thing or two which they will remember for future references ( i submitted a feedback form to the headquarters regarding this issue and how the customers are unaware of this sort of delay) Now my delivery has been delayed to 13th June which is a Tuesday and 4 days after the first delivery date. Now i am even more ****ed in Dell and kinda hate them for doing this. But oh well i am not the only one suffering or am i :'(

Closed Thread