Finally a Nice Rig

bentobaku

In Runtime
I am finally building my self a pc. first question is on the mobo i have 4 sata2 2 sata3 and two gsata3... i have a sata 2 7200rpm WD hdd, what port should i plug my main drive into? Also the case has 2 audio plugs, one is ac97 and the other is HD Audio, mobo has 7.1.

Ok new question as things come along... I had some problems yesterday with drivers and had to reformat and start over again. Now as I install my new stuff, I checked the device manager to make sure everything was in order as I start to install non-essential software (games and such). and I noticed that their is a video controller with the infamous "?". Their is an HDMI out on the mobo, but I am using a 550Ti pcix card, so my question is do I need to install the drivers for the video controller? when I do my computer starts acting really bad. My system even after re-install still seems weird (has unexplained hang up). and I am not sure what it is. This computer runs really fast most of the time but hangs up on an operation from time to time (random as far as I can tell). I updated the BIOS before reinstall because I found my current bios didn't handle ivy bridge processors, after bios update things run a lot smoother but their is still a random hangup. Any ideas?

P.S. Sry if this hard to follow, its about 105 degrees in my house atm and hard to worry about good grammar lol (cpu is liquid cool so not the cpu heating up. CPU and GPU both running about 32 degree C)

usually windows update will do a pretty good job at getting those missing drivers. have you run that yet, with the additional 3rd party software option box checked?

Back
Top Bottom