Finally - My Build is ready but needs the last little tweeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skele89

Baseband Member
CPU - Intel Q9550

VGU - Gigabyte 4850 512mb

Motherboard - Asus P5Q deluxe

RAM - OCZ Platinum 4gb (2x2) ddr2 1066 - Should i get G.Skill Instead? It's the same price for the same specs.

HD - Seagate SATA 320GB x 2 (unsure of specs...i will take care of that)

DVD - Pioneer 216

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower 750w - Is this too much? Would 600w be enough? I may crossfire in the future but i am not likely to have more than two hard drives ever.

Case - Undecided... I'm after a simple black square case that's not too in your face and has good airflow and is quiet. Any suggestions? I've been through alot of them and the only two I like so far have been the Antec 300 and the Coolermaster 690. I will most likely go with the Antec.

I should buy a CPU cooler too. What is the most popular?

By the way, i am in Australia so i wont be able to buy anything off newegg. I'm really after your opinions on the quality of the brands and models I've chosen.

Thanks for all of your help so far!

You could possibly get away with the 600W PSU but i would get the 750 for room for growing, just in case. On the topic of cases...Go the Coolermaster 690. Ive got one and its fantastic, heaps of airflow and fan places and is definatly the kind of case you want if u dont want one that jumps in ur face.

And if ur shopping in Australia, Try Computer Hardware & Software Australia | Techbuy Australia, fantastic store, good prices and excellent service and range.

the xigmatek rifle s1283 is the most commonly recommended cpu cooler around here nowadays. and 700w would be fine, it really depends on the amperage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom