Finally gonna buy, final check

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should mod the fan on the 4850 to spin faster. Do a quick google search, its what most people do to cool it, and at around 45% i think, you can't hear a noise difference.

I've read about the fan hack but isn't that only for reference coolers?
So the readings of GPU-Z are correct? I get the same readings in ati catalist overdrive.
In reviews they say that the sapphire toxic 4850 runs idle around 40-45 and load 60-70.
No mention of how they measured though.

Ps: I can't seem to find the pci clock synchronization setting in the BIOS. Is it safe to say it's locked on 33.33 Mhz? (see sig for type mobo)

you can still use, ati tool etc to change your fan speed, or hack the bios.
if the readings in both are the same there's a good chance its the same, try everest to see if that has the same temperature.

try look in your manual, but if you cant find it with a decent look through, its most probably locked to 33.33mhz for maximum compatibility.

I tried installing the card in a different computer and GPU-Z didn't work before the ati driver was installed. Unknown architecture. After installation it worked and showed the same temperature. So i think GPU-Z is just showing the temp that catalist is showing.

Just installed everest and same temp but when i'm touching the heatsink it doesn't feel hot at all.

Ps. after some extensive googling i found in a forum that the pci clock sync is locked to 33.33 mhz on gigabyte boards or at least my board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom