FINALLY finished my build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Alright, after about $1300 and about 8 months, I have finally finished my build! It is all up and running, but a few problems here and there. The specs are in my syg, but I'll hook ya up anyway.

Intel 2.4GHz @ 2.46 (Slow, but steady, OC)
Corsair TwinMX PC4400 2x512mb TCCD
Abit IC7-G MAXII MoBo
eVGA 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 @ 900/500 (need aftermarket cooling, thing is hot as hell!)
Full water cooling system (yet w/o GPU cooling)
OCZ Modstream 520W PSU
40GB and 120GB HDD

And a few other thigns, nothign too big other than what is listed. My card is so damn hot, I tried to up the clock (by detecting the OPTIMAL settings using coolbits) to 1.02 and my comp froze on my, so I am back at the stock 900/500. I also have a TV Tuner card, but that is causing some serious problems with my video card (see http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72792) but I will get that worked out son enough. Other than all that, things are going great. I still have hard drives hanging out the side of it, but thats because I have to put them in and only have room enough for one and I am too lazy to move EVERYTHING onto my 120GB and either ghost it or reinstall Windows. Pictures will be up soon enough, when it is all complete. I tell ya, when you have a big water cooling system, it is DAMN hard to make the cables and the innerds of the computer look nice and organized... Damn hard. But when I get everything in, I will try and organize it as much as possible, it prolly wont be too much, but I will take some pics when I do. I also have a CompUSA case, nice and cheap, and it looks DAMN good! Dont turn your nose up so quickly at your standard cheap CompUSA cases, they got some really good ones!

charles_scott said:
That just dont seem worth $1300 to me......

I didnt list EVERYTHING in it... I have my WCS totalling a few hundred, and other small little investments in it. Like I said, I didnt list everything, but only the things that mattered, or the things that others would care about.

why did u get water cooling? surely that system shouldn't be generating enough heat to need water cooling, it just seems like wasted money to me.

Sadly, he might need it. Pentium 4s generate a lot of heat. Still seems like a waste to me though. With that money he could have gotten a nice dual core.

Granted, I didnt need it, but whatever, I wanted it. I wanted my computer water cooled, and yes, I will be slowly OCing it. Havent we all spent money on firvilous expenditures, just becuase we wanted them? *ahem* EXPENSIVE COMPUTER *ahem*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom