Finally done with my build. Please let me know what you all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelin19

Solid State Member
For those of you who replied in my other threads I appreciate the feedback. This is my setup as of now, I just built it last week and I couldn't be happier. Let me know what you all think.

| Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz (Stock) |
| Asus P6T 1366 Mobo |
| EVGA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB |
| 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz |
| WD Caviar 1TB Black HDD |
| Corsair 750TX 750W PSU |
| Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty |
| Cooler Master V8 CPU Fan |
| Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset |
| Logitech G15 Keyboard |
| Antec 1200 Case |
| Logitech G500 Mouse |
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |

I am wanting to get into overclocking but it seems complicating. I would love to get into it if any of you can offer any easy like 3 step overclocking guide or what not.

Again, let me know what you guys think.

-Zepp

For those of you who replied in my other threads I appreciate the feedback. This is my setup as of now, I just built it last week and I couldn't be happier. Let me know what you all think.

| Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8 Ghz (Stock) |
| Asus P6T 1366 Mobo |
| EVGA GeForce GTX 470 1280MB |
| 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600Mhz |
| WD Caviar 1TB Black HDD |
|Corsair 750TX 750W PSU |
| Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty |
| Cooler Master V8 CPU Fan |
| Razer Carcharias Gaming Headset |
| Logitech G15 Keyboard |
| Antec 1200 Case |
| Logitech G500 Mouse |
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 |

I am wanting to get into overclocking but it seems complicating. I would love to get into it if any of you can offer any easy like 3 step overclocking guide or what not.

Again, let me know what you guys think.

-Zepp

Can you post actual links to what memory you selected? I personally think that the corsair dominator is very overpriced and you will not see any performance gain (spare you plan to do CRAZY overclocking). I have OCZ Gold series for about $170 while the dominator gets into the $240+ range.

As far as the motherboard goes, I would ditch that and get the P6X58D, and I will tell you one BIG reason why: It has HD Realtek audio, which unlike previous onboard sound by Asus, is actually really GOOD. I plugged in my logitech z5500 set to just see if it will get by, and it actually sounds better than my x-fi xtreme gamer. This also eliminates the need for the sound card.

For the case, I like the Antec 1200 too, but performance-wise the HAF 932 gets more airflow and has far better cable management!

For the OS, why do you want the Win 7 Ultimate version? If you need heavy backup utilities and things of that nature, you should get it, but home premium is very good by itself. I know there were perks to vista ultimate over home edition, but for windows 7 that isn't true.

Now, with the money saved on memory and the sound card here, you could probably go from the gtx470 to gtx480. I'm assuming you are okay with the heat and power draw of this card, so I will refrain from ATI suggestions as it gets ugly....

I failed to mention the sound card I got free and is from my old computer. As is all the computer accessories. I got the case free as well from a friend who upgraded his. The Ram ran me $230.00. I'm not too worried about how much i spent on the ram i really like corsair and i know they mean business. I've been big into nVidia ever since i started with computers. ATI is a nice company and all but I wanted to get something different then a friend that I LAN with a lot. He has the 5870, and I i compared them both and they are arguably neck and neck. As for the OS I got that free as well from a friend, he had it lying around.

I failed to mention the sound card I got free and is from my old computer. As is all the computer accessories. I got the case free as well from a friend who upgraded his. The Ram ran me $230.00. I'm not too worried about how much i spent on the ram i really like corsair and i know they mean business. I've been big into nVidia ever since i started with computers. ATI is a nice company and all but I wanted to get something different then a friend that I LAN with a lot. He has the 5870, and I i compared them both and they are arguably neck and neck. As for the OS I got that free as well from a friend, he had it lying around.

Okay new question: Does your friend have anything else lying around for free? LOL

Not a bad deal. If that's how you feel I think you are set. I still however am strongly recommending the P6X58D over the P6T. I know it is not common yet, but I tested a USB 3.0 external drive, and compared to USB 2.0, it's like getting Megan Fox in bed versus Susan Broyle.

LMFAO. I didn't see that board you suggested at Fry's when I went. I will have to check that board out. And yeah thats a hugeeeee step in... women/performance hahahahha thanks for the tip.

Could always buy a USB 3.0 card later on down the line...

True, but why get the P6T right now anyways? I havent checked, but the P6X58D comes DDR3 1600 mhz standard while the P6T does not. It requires overclocking, which he is not used to doing yet. I know the memory part is not terribly important, but it therefore has a faster standard front side bus (the limiting factor in mobo speed) and has been proven to perform substantially better.

I was confused about the usb 3.0 thing you said.... Graham.. you know that i already built it right? i have the P6T thats what im on right now. im confused.... or maybe it isnt me thats confused lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom