Finally a 3dbenchmark score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
After 7+ months of planning I finally have my new system built, running, fully updated, and I just completed benchmark 2006.

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

Score for those who can't wait: 11693
everything stock! ( no OCing what so ever so far )

( this is compared to my score of 9750 for my e6600, asus P5N-E, 8800 gtx, 2 gigs and my score of 2200 for my old p4, x800xl, 1 gig of ram )

My 8800 gtx starts out at idling at 63-65 celcius ( with fan speed at 60% ) compared to my previous 8800 gtx which idled at 74 celcius and crashed when running 3dbenchmark2006 ( so it was defective! always RMA people! ). Wondering if I use rivatuner to set the fan speed to 100% since I could just RMA the card once the fan dies out.

Now the only things I have to take care of is remounting the tuniq tower ( I have a feeling I messed up the MX-1 too much by lifting the tuniq tower up too much during install ) so my coretemp reads idles at like 42,31,33,39 celcius. Also I didn't do ANY cable management at all so I gotta use twisty ties and make it look all nice for airflow purposes and asthetics :p

Note: whats really weird is it says my system is almost the fastest with people of my same configuration but i didn't overclock at all ( I should be lower in the range of people with my same systems )...so...what gives?

QUESTION: I have a wide screen 22" monitor with a native resolution of 1680x1050, did this affect my score at all? I used the default settings free version of 3dmark2006

no default is always 1280x1024

lol i don't even believe 3dmark when it says your the faster of your group and blah blah.. i always got a bunch of bs like that with my x1950xtx and 8800gts

set your fan speed to run at 100% all the time. a GTX/Ultra puts out ALOT of heat. so you want your fan to be running constantly.

Wow 3800 on stock Q6600, thats more than my 3.2GHz E6600 which only got 3600+

:(

Hehe, Quad cores owns, too bad I built my build too early.

Nice score Gabb! :D Like mgcook said, wait about 3 days for it to set in and while then you'll notice temperature drops.

alright cause if it doesn't drop till then I plan to take off my TT and repaste/remount. I don't have to remove the Mobo I figure ( god forbid that would take an entire day! ) I just have to slip out the power supply. Anyone have any wire management tips?

So is my score good? average?

alright cause if it doesn't drop till then I plan to take off my TT and repaste/remount. I don't have to remove the Mobo I figure ( god forbid that would take an entire day! ) I just have to slip out the power supply. Anyone have any wire management tips?

So is my score good? average?

Looks good, usually with 8800GTX stock it should score at 12K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom