Final Thoughts......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Ok folks, I'm 99% sure on this build, but just want some of your final input, if its all compatible, if it will fit, etc...all that good stuff. So here's what I'm thinking:

Case: Antec 900
Mobo: Gigabyte P35 DS3R
VGU: EVGA geForce 8800gts 640
PSU: Corsair 520HX
RAM: Probably Patriot Extreme 2x1gb pc6400
CPU: PROBABLY an e6750 when they come out, upgrade to a 32nm later
HDD: WD Raptor 74gb
Input: LITE-ON 20X DVD+/-R
Cooling: Tuniq 120
Monitor: Probably some Acer 20"

Thoughts:

I know I don't have alot of hd space, but I really don't use it, on my 80gb laptop hdd, i still have 45gb open, plus I have an external, so I really don't see the use in some 250gb internal that's not gonna be used for anything.

RAM is still up in the air for me...I'm not really sure what's compatible with the ds3r because some people have said ONLY use what the manufacturer says (which isnt a whole lot) and others say I can use whatever. Does anyone know if the patriot eXtremes work?

Also, I'll probably be gaming in 1680x1050 and I know the 8800gtx 640 is right on the cusp of being overkill for that reso, but I'm thinking for future games a larger vid card might come in handy even at 1680x1050.

Anyways, any and all thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

(P.S. do you think I need to upgrade my psu?)

the only thing i would say is for the hdd get a seagate 320gb 16mb cache for cheaper and more space, even get two and raid then if u want speed.
and the ram gskill hz 2gb ddr800

ok, kobe....no offense, but did you not read that i dont need that much space? im going for speed not space (and i dont wanna raid) on hdd......

opps sorry i get too excited :D before i read all of it. yeah thats good then.

but what bout gskill ram? thought bout that

The PSU is fine for that system. Save some money and get a Samsung SpinPoint HD it is fast, quiet and cheaper than the Raptor.

id stick with raptor. what bout seagate cheeteah lol faster than raptor but way more expensive

u can stick with a gts 320mb, maybe since ur just using dual-core now u should get an af7, and upgrade later to a tuniq tower when u get quad-core?
great build tho

any word on the patriot eXtremes? i kinda wanna stay away from the gskill hz's now, i know theyre great, but the patriots have a killer MIR on them now.

dont get a raptor the speed difference is not noticeable at all and they are just over priced
if you dont need much space get a 160gb seagate sata2 hdd for like 45 bucks i think?
will give you a good amount of space and good speed
Raptors FTL imo just a waste of money for more heat and a unnoticeable speed dfference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom