Final set-up~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastasauce

Baseband Member
Finally finished everything and I'd just like to show you guys my system. And tell me your thoughts/opinons since I can change stuff except the motherboard.

Case
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Drive
Newegg.com - LG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM

HD
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

RAM
Newegg.com - Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Monitor
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 225BW Black 22" 5 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustments 280 cd/m2 700:1 - Retail

Mobo
Newegg.com - ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX The Ultimate Gaming Motherboard - Retail

PSU
Newegg.com - ENERMAX FMA II EG565P-VE ATX12V 535W Power Supply 115/230 V - Retail

Video/graphics card
Newegg.com - XFX PVT80USHE9 GeForce 8800Ultra 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Processor
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Sound card
Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

I am quite happy with my new system :D . I'd like to know what you think. And thanks for all the help.

***BTW do you think this system requires water cooling?

The graphic card and motherboard were unnecessary, or doesn't justify the price. Agreed, with phucng_10 on the RAM.....DDR2-800 by the way. Other than that, everything looks ok.

My computer store doesn't have Crucial RAM so instead of apacer I got Kingston which is a good brand. And how much better is that monitor? By the way does it need water cooling?

Water cooling is more like a luxury item, if you have the money. It's not needed.

Oh wow, I did not check the motherboard! You should have gotten the P35-DS3R! :eek:! To me, I don't think that board is necessary. Running 3 PCI-e VGA? Are you actually going to use all 3 PCI-e slots? :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom