Final review before I order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But i asked him if he was going to step up cz he chose to buy 2x eVGA 9800GTX if he wasnt he could of gone with the cheaper Galaxy 9800GTX

I read up a little on the step up and they said it wasn't guaranteed if there were limited supplies which it looks like there will be and also you have to mail them your cards then they will mail you the new ones back after they have received yours and processed it.

Soo, I really don't know anymore. I would like to use step up eventually.

You need to register the cards. You will have 90 days to step up. Lots of people are stepping up on the day they are released. I am going to wait for them to lower the price.

Step-up is a great incentive, and if you check daily on eVGA's site like veedubfreak does you'll probably be first in the mailing list

Well seeing as I haven't ordered the 9800GTXs yet I doubt I'll be first in line. But I'll just end up getting both, and then like 2months from now when I go on vacation I'll send em in and when I get back I'll have new cards and there will be no downtime for me :)

So far from what I've saw from Gurusan's post of the HD 4850 benchmarks, it performs a lot like the 9800gtx for a lot cheaper, two more weeks :)

Stop trying to confuse me guys! I think I finally have my mind made up and you keep throwing uncertainties at me! :p

2x 9800GTXs unless someone has something completely better

Now I just need to decide on a case
I picked out a few just browsing. I want to mod my own case but I'll leave that for later on so I can have a project for later.

I picked out around 7 cases:
APEVIA X-CRUISER
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
NZXT Apollo Black
Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases RAIDMAX SIRIUS ATX-701WB Black
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SIRIUS ATX-701WB Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEB 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Computer Cases
RAIDMAX Sagitta 2 928 WO Black/ Orange
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX Sagitta 2 928 WO Black/ Orange Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-BA Black Steel
Newegg.com - Sunbeam Transformer IC-TR-BA Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

anything good bad or ugly about any of the above? I want good air flow but I'm assuming all of those will be good enough for my build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom