Final questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzh

In Runtime
Well, i pick up all my parts tomorrow..

it will be a whole new rig, from scratch. this is what i've ordered.

---

Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 6400 C4

Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz

512MB EVGA GeForce 7950GT

Gbyte 965P-DS3 s775 Conroe

80GB WD SATA wd800JD

ANTEC NINE HUNDRED GAMERS CASE

580W HIPER MODULAR BLUE TYPER

---

Now - i pick it up tomorrow, (not built) i havn't accidently missed out any parts for this to work have i? (sounds stupid, just double checking). I will be adding my CD drive and DVD RW drive, mouse, keyboard, speakers and monitor, from my old comp, but besides from that, everything is there to work properly?

Would i need to buy any additional cables? I havn't baught a whole new rig all seperately before and just making sure all the cables needed will be with everything?

I don't want to get home with it all and find out im missing a wire for somewhere.

I'm also thinking of buying http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=403502, it's good right?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest getting the Arctic Silver. It is a VERY small investment, and something functional, not like decieding between a normal & LED fan....

I'm not quite sure how to apply the thermal paste, we did do it in college but i was off-ill the day we did it haha.

I'm sure its simple enough, but i may invest in some.

Anyway, besides from the arctic 5, can anyone give me a heads up that i will have ALL the cables i need for this thang? :]

If its a retail motherboard, it will come with all the cables.

I wouldn't use Artic Silver unless you using a heatsink other than stock. The stock heatsink doesn't mount as well (thermal pad).

Well lance, it was over a year ago, i quit the course 1/2 way through.

It was a mixed course, not fully on hardware, some coding/programming, some software, some web design, some hardware.

ETC. :]

Thanks anyway guys.

maybe its just me..... but 80GB seems mighty small to me
difference on newegg between 80GB and 160GB is only like 10 bucks USD

I don't order off of NewEgg, and in my original thread i stated that i don't really use that much space, i also have another 80GB drive with me atm which will be going into it, if i need it.

If i do happen to run out of space i can always buy another one :].

I dont really download much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom