Final Parts list! Under 2k with 4870x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaytonaCharger06

Solid State Member
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

SILVERSTONE OP1000-E 1000W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE OP1000-E 1000W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

HIS Hightech H487X2F2GP Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H487X2F2GP Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb (going to run raid 1)

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

159.98 for both

XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Newegg.com - XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish 1.0 mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

On sale 99.99

Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controler/Heatsink

Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 Universal CPU Cooler 120mm Cooling Fan and Fan Controler/Heatsink - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit

Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

149.99 (109.00 with rebate)

Add in DVD Burners and ROMs Thermal paste and extra fan etc to make up the difference. In the $1500 range without the crazy Video card.

This is what im planning to order for my Monitor.

Benq - Online Store

I actually like that case, and I hear it's got good airflow, I think 2 members here have it.

Although I had a tuniq tower once and thought it was good, you can do better if your building such a build, and actually you can do better for cheaper.

2 options I see for you.

1. Get an xigmatek 120mm rifle off of newegg, cheaper and should be as good if not better then a tuniq.
2. Or buy a TRUE off of Veedub for $50 I think it was. The best cpu air cooler on the market.

Oh and benq is good, but $500 24" LCD good? Idk....You could shave a $100-150 off of that and pick up a good 24". I saw some good ones on newegg.

All around nice build though.

The case was really one of my toughest choices. I had read literally hundreds of reviews on newegg and other sites. Also recommended on this sites high end cases. This choice was based off of function (airflow) and size do to a huge card and PSU more than looks because I agree by far not the best looking thing out there.:D But it sure as **** works from what people are saying! And for 99.99 Wont hurt to replace it!

I could have gone liquid and I still might down the road just chickened out! I am a painter / body man so im thinking custom case in the near future. Ghosted flames or some thing cool like that! Already did some for friends in some pearls / tri coats.

it'll be a nice build. I hate the case though. That system belongs in a nicer case.

Ill check those out as soon as this is posted. My brother has the tuniq on his Extreme Quad Core and loves it which is how it got one my list.

As far as the monitor its to late! haha already ordered it. I checked out everything from Hans-g to Dell ultra sharps. Reviews until I wanted to cut my eyes out! For straight gaming this seemed to be very popular and well rated so I dont mind paying a little extra. I wont be upgrading any time soon.

I actually like that case, and I hear it's got good airflow, I think 2 members here have it.

Although I had a tuniq tower once and thought it was good, you can do better if your building such a build, and actually you can do better for cheaper.

2 options I see for you.

1. Get an xigmatek 120mm rifle off of newegg, cheaper and should be as good if not better then a tuniq.
2. Or buy a TRUE off of Veedub for $50 I think it was. The best cpu air cooler on the market.

Oh and benq is good, but $500 24" LCD good? Idk....You could shave a $100-150 off of that and pick up a good 24". I saw some good ones on newegg.

All around nice build though.

Ok, I'm sure the monitor will be great.

The tuniq is great and all, but the ones I suggested perform better and I hear are easier to install, the first time you install a tuniq you will feel a sense of accomplishment because it feels like it is the hardest thing in the world to do -.-

But you researched your build well, this should turn out nicely, feel free to post some pics after your done ;)

Edit: Ordered it all. Changed the CPU cooler to the xigmatek and got the hold down bracket as well. Woo hoo!

Hah well Ive got enough challenges ahead of me as it is! I would probably launched it through one of my walls.

So I am all for getting the easy to install good one. Veedubs a poster on here right? Think I remember seeing that name.

And thank you for the compliment. I really did put alot of time into researching this. I about wore out the search function on here and drove my uncle and brothers nuts calling them every day.

Will definetly take some pics when done!

Ok, I'm sure the monitor will be great.

The tuniq is great and all, but the ones I suggested perform better and I hear are easier to install, the first time you install a tuniq you will feel a sense of accomplishment because it feels like it is the hardest thing in the world to do -.-

But you researched your build well, this should turn out nicely, feel free to post some pics after your done ;)

That case is actually supposed to be a great case, as it's got great cooling, and a lot of room. You should have no problems with it. I think it looks cool too, but that's just my opinion.

And with the good cooling on that case, the strong heatsink, that mobo and the Q9550, you'll be able to overclock like mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom