Final overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, im back. I've been keeping up with the forums and have read some intresting things over the weeks and have a few questions.

I think I will be going with the DS3R MB instead of the MSI Platinum based on what i've read, do you still suggest this MB?

Q: SLI is the only big different here and OC'ing potential and a bit of future proofing. SLI still isn't really worth it, right? Of course I want to overclock my cpu to the max.

Come july 22, ill be building and getting a q6600. This computer will be used for heavy gaming with OC'ing.

Also, when it comes to RAM, i've read that crucial or corsair is better than g.skill. If this is correct, then...

Q: Which is the better choice... (of course I want to overclock my ram to the max)

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

or...

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

or... some other suggestion?

Thanks.

DS3R is a highly recommended board but it's not SLI.

I have read that a single 8800 GTX will beat out SLI 8800 GTS. Have to ask someone else about it but I would recommend just getting the 8800 GTX or the 8800 GTS to suffice until the 9 series comes out.

Crucial Ballistix is great RAM and the deal right now makes it a steal. The CORSAIR I have been reading is also great for OCing but its still a bit more than either of the Crucial Ballistix or the GSkill HZs. The GSkill HZs are also great OCing RAM at a very good price.

If I had to recommend I would say Crucial Ballistix, GSkill HZs than if you want to spend the extra money get the CORSAIR.

Thanks. Not based on price and rebates, which ram would you recommend in the end for the ds3r, heavy gaming and ocing?

Which one and why is it you recommened it over the ds3r?

Ram recommendations not based on price or rebates anyone else?

Will the MSI Platinum and the DS3R overclock a q6600 the same? If at all possible i'd like to keep sli an option.

As for RAM, is curcial or corsair or what better than g.skill for OC'ing and gaming? Ignoring prices.

Also, i've read that duo could be better than a quad for gaming. Is this true or not? Can you clear this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom