Final overview - Page 10 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #91 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: Final overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_InSaNe_xX View Post
Only 2 drives will be in the raid0. The 3rd drive will hold all the important things.
cool cool..... when are u buying???

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 06-26-2007, 01:08 PM   #92 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Around july 22.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:17 PM   #93 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

hey insane now that I'm turning in my computer, were in the very same boat. I plan to build a computer come July 22nd ( with help from some friends ). Im stuck between deciding to get a q6600 or a e6750 ( leaning toward quad core for it being future proof ).

I already have a 8800 gtx and 2 gigs of Gskill HZs, and lemme say I did a 16 hour memtest with my Asus P5N-E mobo ( which I will no longer be having when I return it ) and got 0 errors. I think the HZs are great ( and look the coolest...not like it matters ), the bios sets em to 5-5-5-13 but they are really 4-4-4-12 and 2.013 volts ( provided info by g.skill tech support and discreetly on the box ).

Neweggs not really working right now so I can't see your case, but ill prob go with ur same PSU, and I'm still not sure about my mobo. Lemme just say this 2 8800s GTXs don't seem like a viable option ( could barely fit 1 in, 2 would overheat so bad in P5N-E ). So maybe I better stick with a board that can't SLI...although I don't know anything about the DS3 boards. I'm also too scared to go 650i chipset to be honest, even though x16,x16 sli proves slower now, in the future I think they will be faster then x16,x8 my current asus board provides.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #94 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Yea, im happy with my build. I will be staying with the g.skill ram. I will also be getting a quad core, as you said, it is more future proof.

As for sli, I agree it's not really worth it at this time. I am still trying to decide between the msi platinum and the ds3r. The only difference between the 2 is wether to sli proof or furture proof.

When newegg does work for you, let me know what you think of the case.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #95 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Yea, im happy with my build. I will be staying with the g.skill ram. I will also be getting a quad core, as you said, it is more future proof.

As for sli, I agree it's not really worth it at this time. I am still trying to decide between the msi platinum and the ds3r. The only difference between the 2 is wether to sli proof or furture proof.

When newegg does work for you, let me know what you think of the case.
ds3r... easy choice.....
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 06-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #96 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Yea, i agree. I'll probably go with the ds3r.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:29 AM   #97 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Yea, i agree. I'll probably go with the ds3r.
Why thought? Does it overclock well? I dunno why people are so big on selecting a cheaper mobo, Mobos don't vary in pricing that much compared to other things like gfx cards, and Mobos can't exactly be upgraded.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:35 AM   #98 (permalink)
gone

man I'm not so sure about the q6600 anymore, the e6750 seems to beat it in every game performance test ( not synthetic tests )
Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 AM   #99 (permalink)
Inquiry - The Dark Cheese

of course thats what happens when you compare a quad-core to a dual-core. Make up your mind if your working on your comp or just shooting aliens (gaming) and choose the right CPU. I think we all know which one your gonna chose.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 AM   #100 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideleader View Post
of course thats what happens when you compare a quad-core to a dual-core. Make up your mind if your working on your comp or just shooting aliens (gaming) and choose the right CPU. I think we all know which one your gonna chose.
...single core pentium 4? :P

Closed Thread