***Final List of Computer Parts***

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
So I'm going to build a computer in the near future and I need to know if all the parts I have in mind are any good. Please feel free to suggest other products, as I know nothing about computers.

Case: LIAN LI PC-60APLUSII ($130)

Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH DELUXE ($209)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz ($313)

Memory: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB ($332)

Video Card: EVGA 8800GTS 320MB ($300)

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite ($255)
(I know $255 is pricey for a sound card but the box it comes with will be really useful when I connect my computer to a home theater receiver. Also the speakers I'm using right now does not have volume control)

Hard Drive: Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD ($210)

Second Hard Drive: **not sure..would like a good 500gb+ drive**

CD Rom Drive: **not sure..would like two fast drives that wont give me problems**

Power Supply: **Not sure what power supply I would get. Not going to SLI or anything. Just need a good reliable power supply.**

EDIT: I forgot to state that I am no gamer. I will probably not be playing too many games on this computer, but I would still like to have the ability to play games.

for a psu get the fortron 450 watt for like 50 or 60 bucks

and thats alot of money for 2gb of ram, go for the gskill ddr2 800 2gb set for like 180bucks

Ste said:
-thumbs up-

As for the DVD/CD Burner, something from either Plextor, Optorite or samsung.

ever hear something about a Pioneer 111D? someone told me they are really good cd rom drives.

Your ram is very expensive and XMS2 is a disappointing line from Corsair IMO. G.Skill is much better at Price/Performance these days and you can possibly get.

Get these as they are literally half the price and they are amazing chips, I should know as I own them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231084

Get them and put that 150 bucks toward an 8800GTX.

Then get rid of the raptor and just run two seagate barracudas 7200.10 in RAID 0 and you will see pretty much the same performance for a lot cheaper.

That sound card is a really good one but are you an audiophile? I believe it's the best one you can get and there are others with pretty much the same quality for cheaper. It still might be a good idea though to go all the way since sound cards last fro a while so you can ignore me on that one.

Take the money saved from the ram and the raptor and upgrade yourself to a nice 8800GTX.

dito on the cheaper ram and then the GTX.

It will give your 6600 a run for the money. Otherwise, get a e6300 if your don't get a GTX.

4GB ram? Not needed yet, not even in vista. 2GB isnt even used enough. I play games and I almost always have at least 800 ram left in XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom