Final Gaming Rig Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp4rtan

In Runtime
My final edited gaming rig: Tell me what you think

NZXT NEMESIS ELITE BLK Black 1.0 mm ALUMINUM ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400 WATT PS2 ATX 12V Power Supply - Retail $125

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $196

ASUS EN7800GTXTOP/2DHTV/256M Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 TOP Limited Edition Video Card - Retail $569

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4400CDBOX - Retail $497

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory $214

HITACHI Deskstar 7K250 HDS722525VLAT80 250GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM $99

TOSHIBA Black IDE DVD Burner Model SD-R5372V - OEM $45.99

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Copper Heatsink - Retail $54

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM 86.95

Total: $1886.93

All good except for the hard drive, maybe the windows, PSU and maybe the graphics card. I would say get Windows XP 64 edition as your processor is amazing. I my self wouldn't bother getting such a powerful dual core processor i would get a cheaper AMD 64 3500+ as dual core isn't really worth the cost yet and the AMD 64 3500 has enough power for every game and most aplications. With a little overclocking you have a perfectly good cheap processor. I would say the PSU is a little weak you should search for maybe a 500W PSU especilly if your thinking of getting a second graphics card. I would get the Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W PSU. I have one my self it saves a lot of power it is quite and it's stable. It was only $100. A bargin if you ask me. My dual card system runs perfectly with this PSU. With the hard drive get a better one. Get a SATA or SATA2 hard drive as they will be much faster and don't cost as much I would get a samsung spinpoint 250GB, 8MB cache, SATA 2 hard drive. It's fast and big and quite cheap. The graphics card's good and powerful I nice bit of kit there. I have 2 ATI X800GTO's in my system. They run a bit better than your single 7800 and they are cheaper but if you would perfer Nivida stuff then I wouldn't know what to get. I'm an ATI person myself.
If you have already got the system then don't take this as critishism it's just telling you what I think would have been better. If you haven't got it yet consider what i have said and maybe get the parts.
If your'e overclocking maybe get overclocking RAM but thats another story.

Sp4rtan said:
My final edited gaming rig: Tell me what you think

NZXT NEMESIS ELITE Computer Case- $125

DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR - $196

ASUS 7800GTX - $569

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo - $497

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR 400 - $214

HITACHI Deskstar 250GB 7200 RPM IDE - $99

TOSHIBA Black IDE DVD Burner - $45.99

ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm - $54

Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM 86.95

Total: $1886.93

See what I quoted? Thats all you needed to give for us to reply. The other stuff is crap and looks bad.

Ditch the Asus 7800GTX and go with a eVGA 7800GTX. Save $100. The Asus one is a total waste.

Otherwise, its fine.

kahlos said:
I have 2 ATI X800GTO's in my system.

I wasn't aware that they made X800GTO Crossfire Cards :rolleyes:

And his RAM is overclocking RAM, it'll overclock to around 230MHz.

kahlos said:
All good except for the hard drive, maybe the windows, PSU and maybe the graphics card. I would say get Windows XP 64 edition as your processor is amazing. I my self wouldn't bother getting such a powerful dual core processor i would get a cheaper AMD 64 3500+ as dual core isn't really worth the cost yet and the AMD 64 3500 has enough power for every game and most aplications. With a little overclocking you have a perfectly good cheap processor. I would say the PSU is a little weak you should search for maybe a 500W PSU especilly if your thinking of getting a second graphics card. I would get the Antec Smartpower 2.0 500W PSU. I have one my self it saves a lot of power it is quite and it's stable. It was only $100. A bargin if you ask me. My dual card system runs perfectly with this PSU. With the hard drive get a better one. Get a SATA or SATA2 hard drive as they will be much faster and don't cost as much I would get a samsung spinpoint 250GB, 8MB cache, SATA 2 hard drive. It's fast and big and quite cheap. The graphics card's good and powerful I nice bit of kit there. I have 2 ATI X800GTO's in my system. They run a bit better than your single 7800 and they are cheaper but if you would perfer Nivida stuff then I wouldn't know what to get. I'm an ATI person myself.
If you have already got the system then don't take this as critishism it's just telling you what I think would have been better. If you haven't got it yet consider what i have said and maybe get the parts.
If your'e overclocking maybe get overclocking RAM but thats another story.

Well I do agree with you on the psu but I don't want to get ati boards and probably and won't go for SLI because it is pretty expensive and I don't feel like replacing two old cards down the road.

I don't really see whats wrong with the harddrive I think it is fine, and plus you can't beat that performance for the price. I was considering getting a raptor but is there that much of a difference for 65 bucks?

I also read on both pc world and maximumpc that this harddrive was the one to go with.
Maximum pc : "Very fast, quiet, cool, and affordable"

They gave it a 9 and said it was "kick ass"

Originally posted by Flanker
Ditch the Asus 7800GTX and go with a eVGA 7800GTX. Save $100. The Asus one is a total waste.

Why is the asus 7800 gtx crap?

Not to refer to maxmiumpc all the time but they gave it a 10

and here is the benchmarks:http://www.maximumpc.com/2005/09/asus_extreme_n7.html

Yeah and what eVga 7800 gtx were you refering to? because there is like three.

lol maximum pc. dude, get evga, they have a lifttime warrenty, and if you kill your card because of oc, they will still replace it. they will even replace it if you have a failed bios flash. not to mention their step up program. also, don't be caught with an ide hard drive, i don't care what maximum pc (lol) says, SATA is faster and better. I recommend this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

nothing is "wrong" with it, it's just overpriced, and evga has better warrenty and step up program.

Well if maximum pc gave the hitachi hard drive a 9

And pc world ranked it as 2nd best then it can't be all bad?

I bet they've never even heard of the hard drive I recommended to you. It will blow ANY IDE hard drive and most other SATA hard drives out of the water, especially if you get two and put them in RAID 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom