Final Check Before Purchasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

123Justin

In Runtime
hey everyone im finally getting my computer this week, either friday or saturday.. here are the entire specs:

Case (Black): Cooler Master Centurion 5 w/o Power Supply
Motherboard: MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 nForce4 AMD ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz Socket 939
Memory: Corsair Value Select PC3200 DDR400 Kit 2x1024MB 184-pin DIMM
PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 TPII-550 ATX12V 2.01 550 Watt
Video Card: MSI NX6600GT-TD128E GeForce 6600GT PCI-E 128MB DDR3
Hard Drive (Black): Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ 160GB 8MB Cache
DVD+/-RW (Black): NEC ND-3550 16x Double Layer
LCD Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 940B Black 19" TFT 8ms 700:1 DVI
Speakers: Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker
Mouse (Black): Logitech Premium Optical Wheel Mouse USB
Keyboard (Black): Logitech Office Pro PS/2
Wired Router: D-Link DI-604 10/100 Mbps 4-Port Router
Network Cable (White): Cat5e 350Mhz 75Ft Patch Cable

Total = 1400$
Website = www.canadacomputers.com

anyone know if i can change something to cut the price down a bit and won't make much of a difference.. i know most people will tell me the monitor but i kind of want to keep that. And i remeber some1 mentioned this thing at microsoft.com that i should turn on if i have a LCD.. forgot what it was. also if you could, give me links for all updates and drivers for any of the above items.

I highly suggest you get a 6800 at least, so save up for that if you can..

If you cant...then I guess it looks good.

www.canadacomputers.com only

and yea. i dont care too much about the graphics, i dont need everything high and stuff, medium is fine with me as long as it dont lag. but im planning to get a new card later on anyways maybe a DX10 card.

i dont think you need such a big PSU for so little, your parts arent exactly top of the line, go with the 480Watt Antec TP2, you'll save a bit there.

yea i save 25 bucks... but isnt 70 more watts worth it for just 25 bucks... i just did that so i wont have to upgrade my psu in the future when i put new parts in.

that site doesn't have it but ima try NCIX and zipzoomfly

still not finding it... i would next try for the HYUNDAI B90A

oo no no its alright, because canadacomputers is really close to my house so dont bother going for another site.

ok, im just saying the 940B is kind of a ripoff, get the Rosewill R912E, HYUNDAI B90A, or JetWay M1931TF over it if your on a budget and need a 19" LCD

If your waiting for dx 10, prepare to wait for at least 10-12 months....Like I said I highly suggest you get a 6800 even though you say graphics dosent matter, you wont regret it and you will be happy you did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom