Final Build Tell Me What You Think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would sli be need when new gpu's are coming out ever few months you always just sell your last card and upgrade to the new one

john3 said:
SLi is needed if a person already has a 6600/6800 or 7600, and wants to increase performance withouth having to spend $300+

If this is the case that person will not be able to add a second card as its likely to be slightly different than the card already being used. SLi will only work with the exact same cards thats why i went with crossfire because with this you can use different cards. I wouldn't go SLi, but crossfire, yes.

hrm i don't think they have to be exactly the same, i've heard they just have to have the same core and clock speeds.. i'm pretty sure it would still work, but probably not 100 percent of what it could be

yeah thats true, only same model and clock speeds, as for crossfire you can use any 2, but SLi is proven to be better than crossfire. BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. you dont need SLI/Xfire. dont waste ur money on it.

There you go again with the SLI/Xfire is not needed. thats your opinion and thats fair enough but soon SLI/Xfire will be needed.

If you're willing to wait, you should opt for Intel's Core 2 Duo series when it's released this summer. Their $200ish chip can trump AMD's $600ish chip, easily.

there u go again with SLI/Xfire WILL be needed, no they wil not, anytime that a newer game comes out that demands more there will be newer graphics cards that can single handedly handle a game, e.g. G80s, or ATi R600.

Yeah but obvlivion is out right now and the 7900GTX can maybe only just be able to play on highest settings or not even that and theres not better card out. So SLi/Xfire would be needed for that if you wanted full settings with good fps. Yes there will be a better card coming out soon (G80/R600) but then when a new game comes out when they are out they might struggle just like a 7900GTX does with oblivion. With SLi/Xfire you dont need to worry about it and saves you money on an upgrade every year.

Not to stir up any emotions but can we keep track on my computer setup and not if SLI is needed or not, haha.

Anyway there are 3 SLI boards that have true dual x16 Slots
ABIT AN8 32X
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
ECS KN2-SLI

So I'm pretty sure i'm sticking with the ASUS.

The ram i'll change to OCZ or G.Skill to Overclock at a cheaper price.

Any other modifications besides the case/mobo are welcome!
I like to hear peoples' perspectives, especially if they own any of the listed parts.

Thanks,
Mike

and just to add on to that.. i would love to see a single card play in 1920 resolution.. some people have HUGE monitors and HAVE to play with 2 gpu's if they want any sort of good quality....

and to get back on topic, g.skill ddr 500 ram is excellent, it suites me just fine, i run a 1:1 ratio and not a single hickup running ddr560.. excellent ram for a bargain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom