Final Build, soon to purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushing it around 3.6 ghz or more. I know clubit has a mail-in-rebate for the p35-pro so you could get it for 146.99 and they guarantee G0 steppings for the E6750.

I'll take into consideration whether or not to change the motherboard... in a previous post I heard one of the main reasons people took one mobo other than the other was for the fact that one is as close to other, but cheaper.

As far as G0 Steppings, I'm looking online and can't really figure out what it is.

A 5ms monitor is not noticable to 2ms especially if you're not gaming. Although the 226bw is amazing with its 3000:1 contrast ratio.

If you're doing alot of design stuff you may want a q6600 G0. I'm not sure which programs take advantage of it though.

I will be gaming, and I understand that that when you hit 5ms, even sometimes 8 I hear the difference is not noticeable... which the ms isn't why I chose the monitor, it was the reputation I got about it from the picture quality, as you said... the contrast ratio... the specifciations state it's 1000:1... and DC 3000:1... which hopefully will be great...

My ideas on the CPU per se, were to just get a decent CPU that I can OC to a respectable speed to hold me down until the Intel's new quads came out... unless it's going to make THAT big of a difference right now?

i think u got a good build there man just id rather a gigabyte mobo ova abit but thats me. af7 should be a good enough hsf for now till u know more bout ocing
You're right, I don't know very much about OC'ing... but I do pick up fast... as I mentioned above I'm not for sure how much I'd need to clock the system, the CPU is primarily just to hold me over until the new quads

-----

Though my over all questions I guess now are...

1. Why Change the Mobo?
2. What will I need to clock my CPU to, to have the most pleasant experience possible... and when do I need to change my Heatsink from the arctic freezer cooler, to the tuniq tower?

thanks again

edit:

What do you all think about dropping down to the e2180, overclocking that... while I wait for the Q9900's?

I'll take into consideration whether or not to change the motherboard... in a previous post I heard one of the main reasons people took one mobo other than the other was for the fact that one is as close to other, but cheaper.

As far as G0 Steppings, I'm looking online and can't really figure out what it is.

I will be gaming, and I understand that that when you hit 5ms, even sometimes 8 I hear the difference is not noticeable... which the ms isn't why I chose the monitor, it was the reputation I got about it from the picture quality, as you said... the contrast ratio... the specifciations state it's 1000:1... and DC 3000:1... which hopefully will be great...

My ideas on the CPU per se, were to just get a decent CPU that I can OC to a respectable speed to hold me down until the Intel's new quads came out... unless it's going to make THAT big of a difference right now?

You're right, I don't know very much about OC'ing... but I do pick up fast... as I mentioned above I'm not for sure how much I'd need to clock the system, the CPU is primarily just to hold me over until the new quads

-----

Though my over all questions I guess now are...

1. Why Change the Mobo?
2. What will I need to clock my CPU to, to have the most pleasant experience possible... and when do I need to change my Heatsink from the arctic freezer cooler, to the tuniq tower?

thanks again

edit:

What do you all think about dropping down to the e2180, overclocking that... while I wait for the Q9900's?

You'll end up paying double than just getting a q6600 now, those cpu's will be HIGH priced on release.

not necessarily, i'm getting e2180, selling to neighbor in january, and buying a q9450 for approx. $340

It's hard to believe that the release price for a cpu like that will be 340.
Also good luck getting that e6750 to 2.8 w/ a tuniq. Maybe I got a bad chip but at 3.7 it gets to 60 on orthos and unstable. I could lap, and btw I have mx-1, I'm not sure how much of a difference the two pastes will make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom