Final Build, repeat, Final Build. Alpha Base, do you copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, its standardised, so your MoBo (the GA-P35-DS3R, right?) is ATX form factor, which is catered for in the Antec 900 (if you see, its ATX or micro ATX form factor, which is pretty standard).

The point people are making is that the PSU goes in the bottom, (the top is more common), and is quite large, so you will find that some of your power cables are at full stretch, meaning you can't tuck them away so easily

You make a good point, but I haven't found any case I like better. I don't really want to change.

That antec900 with the inside painted looks GREAT. I wonder what kind of paint he used?

Is that a fact? I read as many reviews as I could handle, no mention of my mobo with that case, but it was stated a couple times that the tuniq tower would fit, which I suppose was my real concern. Now I'm a bit concerned that the mobo won't fit, though. How can I tell without having it in hand?

Btw, for the person who asked, ClubIT currently is guaranteeing the best prices for G0 stepping

Will my case be able to fit that mobo? The board seemed relatively small, actually. Don't yet have the case.

I guess my final question is about the power supply. Is that power supply beefy enough?

yes the mobo will fit and the PSU is perfect :D,

Hey andy...is the corsair 520 better?

What?? Why are you asking me? I know nooooothing!
I did just receive my corsair 520, but without a complete build, I can't say from personal experience yet. Comes highly recommended on this forum though.

I'm sure both the Corsair and the Xclio will do the job just fine.

The point people are making is that the PSU goes in the bottom, (the top is more common), and is quite large, so you will find that some of your power cables are at full stretch, meaning you can't tuck them away so easily

Hmmm, i've just ordered an OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU, do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any experience of this PSU and the Antec 900. Only i'm looking to order that case and I want to know it can accomodate that PSU (plenty big enough I know, just cable length i'm worried about).

Fraid I can't tell you from 1st hand experience, other than I have read several reviews on the GameXstream (I was at one point going to get the 600- they look pretty snazzy, dont they?), and the reviews say 'excellent cable length' which is presumably a good sign. It'll look great in an Antec 900 as well!

EDIT: yeah, done some more checking, and have seen plenty of Antec 900 builds with cable length not being a problem. I say go for it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well i just got my corsair psu and it looks great...the rest of my build isnt hear yet.
The best thing i love about it is the fact that you have the choice to apply the cables you need.
That will save more space and be good for wire management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom