FINAL BUILD. Oppinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
hey guys, ive posted a fey threads about my new build and iv finnaly set on this, let me know what you think.

2gb ddr2 800mhz
8800gt 512mb
550 watt psu/modular
Intel Q6600 go cpu
artic cooling freezer 7
artic 5 highdensity compound
I have the mobo and case writen down an my house (in car on laptop)
I already have my hdd's and other stuff so let me know what you think.

Also, im selling my old system and i would like to know if this is a resunable price to sell it for.
1gb ocz ddr ram with heat spreaders (2x512)
amd athlon 3400+ cpu
100gig hd
sound blaster live sound card ( don't know the name buts i paid around 70 about 7 months ago)
a basic case, 250 watt psu
and a most basic mother board.
no monitor or gpu

$300.00, i think this is a little low because i paid around $1200 for it a while back. But that included a monitor so i paid $1000.00

Thanks for any help.

hey guys, ive posted a fey threads about my new build and iv finnaly set on this, let me know what you think.

2gb ddr2 800mhz
8800gt 512mb
550 watt psu/modular
Intel Q6600 go cpu
artic cooling freezer 7
artic 5 highdensity compound
I have the mobo and case writen down an my house (in car on laptop)
I already have my hdd's and other stuff so let me know what you think.

Also, im selling my old system and i would like to know if this is a resunable price to sell it for.
1gb ocz ddr ram with heat spreaders (2x512)
amd athlon 3400+ cpu
100gig hd
sound blaster live sound card ( don't know the name buts i paid around 70 about 7 months ago)
a basic case, 250 watt psu
and a most basic mother board.
no monitor or gpu

$300.00, i think this is a little low because i paid around $1200 for it a while back. But that included a monitor so i paid $1000.00

Thanks for any help.

That rig is worth no more than $150-$200.

As for your new build...

These are rather vague, so I'll specify what you should get:

2gb ddr2 800mhz = Crucial Ballistix

550 watt psu/modular = Antec Neopower 500 HE or Corsair 520HX

Change these things with the following:

artic cooling freezer 7 => Tuniq Tower 120 (comes with fan) or Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (doesn't come with a fan, so add a Scythe S-FLEX 120mm fan with that)

artic 5 highdensity compound => Arctic Cooling MX-2

As for motherboard, well, if you're looking for something without RAID, firewire or WIFI, etc.. just basic motherboard needs, then either get an Abit IP35 or a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

and well that's about it, case is really your choice, but I highly recommend either a CM-690 or Centurion 534 from Coolermaster or the slightly pricier Antec Nine Hundred

well the cpu he picked was worth more than 150-200 by itself.. but yeah merks build is great.
just had to be a bit more specific ^^ like ddr2 800 is great. but theres good brands and bad brands XD
corsair psu ftw

That rig is worth no more than $150-$200.

As for your new build...

These are rather vague, so I'll specify what you should get:

2gb ddr2 800mhz = Crucial Ballistix

550 watt psu/modular = Antec Neopower 500 HE or Corsair 520HX

Change these things with the following:

artic cooling freezer 7 => Tuniq Tower 120 (comes with fan) or Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (doesn't come with a fan, so add a Scythe S-FLEX 120mm fan with that)

artic 5 highdensity compound => Arctic Cooling MX-2

As for motherboard, well, if you're looking for something without RAID, firewire or WIFI, etc.. just basic motherboard needs, then either get an Abit IP35 or a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

and well that's about it, case is really your choice, but I highly recommend either a CM-690 or Centurion 534 from Coolermaster or the slightly pricier Antec Nine Hundred

agreed on the suggestions.. I'd say that build is closer to $150...

im still away from my house where my mother board is written down but the case is the ncxt apollo (i woun't be changing the case to anything else or the psu, its a great psu, my friend has one)

The ram is corsair pc2-6400 cl-4-4-4-15(or 24) 800mhz and the mobo doesn't matter, i wouldn't be using raid and i know what to look for in it, what i was kinda asking is if there are any components that are better then these for the same price(other then the gpu, case and psu)

ya.. if you get an AF7 it comes with the MX-1, so you don't need AS5, he probably can't get a good overclock past 3.0ghz with good temperatures with an AF7 tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom