• Nice build! Way to go!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good enough for now.

• Its alright i guess.

• Could use some work.

• It absolutely sucks just go jump off a cliff and stop attempting to build a computer.

• Other. (If you chose other please post why)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
Motherboard - Newegg.com - ASRock H55M LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Processor - Micro Center - Core i3 530 Processor Boxed

RAM - Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Desktop Memory

Hard Drive - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD Burner - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners

Power Supply - Newegg.com - Rosewill Green Series RG530-S12 530W Continuous @40°C, 80 PLUS Certified, Single 12V Rail, Active PFC "Compatible with Core i7,i5" Power Supply - Power Supplies

Case - Micro Center - Three Hundred ATX Case

Monitor x2 - LG W2361V-PF 23-inch 1080p Full HD LCD Monitor (Refurbished) | Overstock.com

Video Card - None for now. im just going to use the integrated graphics with the older games i have until i have enough money to get an amazing card.

Total (w/out monitors) = $508.26

Ordering starts in 1 or 2 days so if you have any last minute suggestions im still willing to make changes to make this as good as i can.

Please consider and comment on these questions:
-Good enough power for the money?
-Could i get it cheaper?
-Better for the same price?
-and any other comment you can think of.

Uses:
-Gaming
-Movies
-Music

Just a last quick question.
-Will the integrated graphics be able to handle dual monitors?

gaming mostly both old and new, but also movies, music, and general internet browsing. not much else unless you count schoolwork.

Sorry, I just had to select that first vote there :tongue:

It's a nice build, good job ;) But if you're going to be doing intense gaming, I'd make sure to get something else besides the integrated chip down the road.

Yeah i thought that option might be irresistable to some lol like i said in the original post by the time i do get around to that kind of gaming i will have the money for a pretty good card.

ok i know almost nothing about power supplies and ive been double guessing myself and being a very confident person i dont really like the feeling. so if someone could either check my PSU and make sure its good enough or post one that is good (but not to expensive) that would make me feel alot better thanks.

I have had bad experiences with Asrock in the past, in my personal opinion, I'd pick Gigabyte, but it's a preference thing I guess.

That hard drive went out of stock on Newegg, but Amazon has it for the same price with free shipping and everything.

You should probably get the LG DVD burner that's 1$ cheaper than the one you selected, as some of it's read and write timings are faster, and it's cheaper which is always a plus. :D

As for the power supply, it depends what graphics card you plan on adding in the future, but the Rosewill Green Series is respectable.

I can send you a link to a review of it, if you want. It can supply the rated amperage, and can run any single GPU setup. Of course I don't know anything about their failure rates or DOA rates, what I've heard is that it contains decent quality components and can run how it's rated to run.

As for your case selection, why spend almost 70$ on the Antec Three Hundred (Including shipping?)
If I were you, I'd get the Rosewill Blackbone(That's an excellent case) instead and possible use a combo deal with the 630w version of the power supply you selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom