Final build, at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
after almost a whole year since my computer crashed, i have finally chosen the parts i want to purchase, the mobo has already been bought today by urs truly :).

my parents r supposedly lending me $700, n i pay almost $500 equaling up to $1200.

as for the graphics card..............ill save for that another day. Reason is because i want the HD 3870 x2 so im gonna have to wait for that sucker to *come out n then i will have to by myself an 4 pin to 8 pin converter.

so without further ado, here is my final build n my Christmas present!

Case Newegg.com - APEVIA X-JUPITER G-Type X-JUPITERG-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

HDD Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Mobo *just purchased today* Newegg.com - MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
PSU Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 620W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail
Thermal Compound Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Retail
RAM Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
OS Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate DVD - Retail
Heatsink and Fan Newegg.com - Tuniq Tower 120 P4 & K8 CPU Cooler - Retail
Processor Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor - Retail
Graphics Card
*soon to be HD 3870 x2; will by later*

with rebate, + tax, + shipping for some parts, the total price comes down to $1191.74. Without rebate, the price would be $1266.74. Again, not all have been purchased, only the mobo, which i just purchased this morning after days of refreshing lol.

i will upgrade to a Phenom later. For now, ill go with dual core then ill sell it to my friend who is also gonna upgrade too soon.

what do u guys think?

nice build... the PSU would be overkill because the 520hx still has enough amperage to make you happy... also can you wait until next week when AMD releases their Errata bug free Phenoms? (prepares shield awaiting Intel Fanboys)

nice build... the PSU would be overkill because the 520hx still has enough amperage to make you happy... also can you wait until next week when AMD releases their Errata bug free Phenoms? (prepares shield awaiting Intel Fanboys)

actually those r samples, not real products for purchase. The B3 stepping Phenoms wont come out until Q1 2008.

ya i just realized that after hitting post... lol

anyways, the PSU i chose, y not? I mean, both the 520w n 620w have 54A total, 18A each rail, so y should i go with 520w?

i would personally get 620w because of the more watts, but if u consider me getting the 520w, then so be it. I just want to be on the safe side when i get 2 HD 3870 x2s in the future is all.

EDIT:

if i get the 520w, then that brings the total price down to $1151.74

anyways, the PSU i chose, y not? I mean, both the 520w n 620w have 54A total, 18A each rail, so y should i go with 520w?

i would personally get 620w because of the more watts, but if u consider me getting the 520w, then so be it. I just want to be on the safe side when i get 2 HD 3870 x2s in the future is all.

EDIT:

if i get the 520w, then that brings the total price down to $1151.74

It is my understanding that Video Cards only draw their power from the 12v rail. Therefore, if both Power Supplies have the same amount of amps on the 12v rails, then you wouldn't get any more 'room' for SLI with the more expensive Power Supply.

The extra 100 watts on the 620 are coming from the not-as-needed 3.3v and 5v rails. An example of things that use this would be your SATA drives.

It is my understanding that Video Cards only draw their power from the 12v rail. Therefore, if both Power Supplies have the same amount of amps on the 12v rails, then you wouldn't get any more 'room' for SLI with the more expensive Power Supply.

The extra 100 watts on the 620 are coming from the not-as-needed 3.3v and 5v rails. An example of things that use this would be your SATA drives.

so get the 520w then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom